Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spurs trio...  (Read 52498 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 17:53:02 »

Perhaps I'm being naïve but I thought the fella was too young to have become a functional alcoholic à la Roberts, Adams...

I've been proving that wrong since my 18th birthday.

(I'm well 'ard me)
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 18:16:23 »

Gazza has admitted playing after a bender. Morning of the game he had the shakes so had a brandy. Got man of the  match after having a blinder but couldn't remember any of it until he asked someone how he played.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 21:21:20 »

Luongo is class. Byrne looks good lively forward, but is too lightweight and positionally circumspect to be anything more than a league one defender (unless he improves that obvs)

But Luongo is a cut above. Excellent on the ball, always seems to have time, always seems to know who to pass it too, always running. He'll be a prem player no diggity doubt

Things get better but they never get good
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 01:57:46 »

Luongo is good but not that good. I like Byrne but you're right he's not really a right back, he would make a better winger. If we get into the playoffs and Thompson is back from injury I would give him a try at right mid.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 17:46:06 »

Luongo is class. Byrne looks good lively forward, but is too lightweight and positionally circumspect to be anything more than a league one defender (unless he improves that obvs)

But Luongo is a cut above. Excellent on the ball, always seems to have time, always seems to know who to pass it too, always running. He'll be a prem player no diggity doubt
Haha he wasn't that good ffs. Great header though.

As for the last part, how many said the same about Danny Ward who now struggles to get in at Huddersfield who are on the brink of going down.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 18:19:13 by Dr Pierre Chang » Logged
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 17:55:32 »

Haha he wasn't good ffs. Great header though.

As for the last part, how many said the same about Danny Ward who now struggles to get in at Huddersfield who are on the brink of going down.

In fairness Danny's had his fair share of injuries including braking a metatarsal in January. He may be back now though not sure.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 17:57:00 »

Haha he wasn't good ffs. Great header though.

Danny Ward also looks to have 'Heskey'd' himself. A player once quite nippy abandoned that to get bulky at the gym, which has effected his pace, rendering him to lose a vital part of his game.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 08:42:26 »

Haha he wasn't that good ffs. Great header though.

You don't have a clue.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 08:54:56 »

Byrne has played much better in the last two games at left back, though I suppose the performances have been much better all round which has helped.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #129 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 10:34:34 »

Byrne has played much better in the last two games at left back, though I suppose the performances have been much better all round which has helped.

I think it's because we've actually attacked teams. The opposition wingers haven't had as much chance to constantly put the defence under pressure.
kerry red

« Reply #130 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 10:51:27 »

Agree totally with that.

Very good when playing at home - defensively naive when under pressure away
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 11:03:32 »

Said it elsewhere, but thought I'd stick it in its right place: we'd be doing well if we get Luongo for next season. Whether long-term loan or purchase, don't mind.
kerry red

« Reply #132 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 11:07:18 »

Maybe a trip to Wembey may turn his head.

I'd suppose the decision would be his
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 11:31:13 »

I too would happily have Luongo back here next season - though how you accomodate Ferry, Luongo and McCormack in a midfield I'm not sure...

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 11:32:25 »

If Ferry were to move on like some people fear, that won't be an issue

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: