Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EMBARGONE  (Read 12409 times)
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 19:54:44 »

The thing is, the club may believe they have met all the requirements, but does the FL believe this...and how many hours or days will it take for them to come to this conclusion? Are we the first thing on their To Do list tomorrow?
corner

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 19:57:55 »

Don't they normally have a Monday meeting, if they clear us tommorow they will have to call an extra meeting?....
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 21:15:14 »

The thing is, the club may believe they have met all the requirements, but does the FL believe this...and how many hours or days will it take for them to come to this conclusion? Are we the first thing on their To Do list tomorrow?

That is the key. I have become relatively pessimistic during this whole saga - and that pessimism now tells me that the football league's interpretation of the extent to which the criteria have been satisfied may differ.

I'd love to be wrong.
fatbasher

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 21:28:32 »

That is the key. I have become relatively pessimistic during this whole saga - and that pessimism now tells me that the football league's interpretation of the extent to which the criteria have been satisfied may differ.

I'd love to be wrong.

As previous owners have found out both at SN1 and other clubs, whether bona fide or otherwise the FL are a law unto themselves and a club or clubs like swindon will always be at the whim of this organisation. We are small fry to be pushed around and due to unscrupulous owners at certain clubs the FL would always argue from a position of strength that they are right and hold the moral high ground. Now it may be that blacks administration always led a straight bat, though you could not argue the the previous one/s did and so,we have history/previous form and therefore they are right to take there time and examines to the eight degree.
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 21:58:36 »

I may have missed something, but didn't Jed and crew tell us weeks ago that they had fulfilled all the FL's requirements?  And then point the finger at an old debt and the possibility of a law suit?  If so why did they have to fulfill the requirements again?  The statement talks about the 1.2 million being deposited, but wasn't that something they were supposed to have done for the buyout itself to have gone through?

It would help if they come out and state what it is different that they have done that they didn't do before and if it was just the 1.2 million that they were supposed to already have deposited, why they didn't do this and bring us out of embargo when there was a realistic chance of McDonald having the time to sign anyone decent.

fatbasher

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 22:00:11 »

I may have missed something, but didn't Jed and crew tell us weeks ago that they had fulfilled all the FL's requirements?  And then point the finger at an old debt and the possibility of a law suit?  If so why did they have to fulfill the requirements again?  The statement talks about the 1.2 million being deposited, but wasn't that something they were supposed to have done for the buyout itself to have gone through?

It would help if they come out and state what it is different that they have done that they didn't do before and if it was just the 1.2 million that they were supposed to already have deposited, why they didn't do this and bring us out of embargo when there was a realistic chance of McDonald having the time to sign anyone decent.

Spot on mate.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 22:10:13 »

This. We've supposed to have come out of the M'Bargo during the last few months, and yet we're still waiting.

Maybe they put the £1.2m in a Cypriot bank account?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 22:17:15 »

Cheque bounced?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 22:20:37 »

It makes the theory that the money hadn't been made available due to the possibility of legal action by PDC all the more believable.

The statement did make some reference to taking legal counsel regarding the outstanding issues.

Just hope that IF everything is now in place that the FL can ratify it in time to allow MacDonald to bring in some fresh faces.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 23:56:11 »

IF we can sign players tomorrow, then will they be available for Friday? I'm not sure and I'm probably wrong in saying this, but isn't the deadline something like 1pm the day before a game for the player to be registered in order for them to be able to play...gives us a very tight deadline in terms of new faces being available for Oldham.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 23:59:20 »

IF we can sign players tomorrow, then will they be available for Friday? I'm not sure and I'm probably wrong in saying this, but isn't the deadline something like 1pm the day before a game for the player to be registered in order for them to be able to play...gives us a very tight deadline in terms of new faces being available for Oldham.

I think you're about right, but I suspect this is all moot (that way I can be pleasantly surprised if the pleasantly surprising thing happens).

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 00:05:04 »

I think you're about right, but I suspect this is all moot (that way I can be pleasantly surprised if the pleasantly surprising thing happens).

I think the majority of us will be, almost like Christmas morning as a kid! (If that's the right comparison to make-it has been dragging it's heels and tomorrow is the sort of 'it's finally here' day)

#VivaKenBarlow!
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 00:08:02 »

I think the majority of us will be, almost like Christmas morning as a kid! (If that's the right comparison to make-it has been dragging it's heels and tomorrow is the sort of 'it's finally here' day)

It's like Christmas day only there's a 50% chance Santa took a shit down your chimney and gave all your presents to Bournemouth?

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 00:36:08 »

It's like Christmas day only there's a 50% chance Santa took a shit down your chimney and gave all your presents to Bournemouth?

That wouldn't surprise me either! (The presents part that is  Cheesy)

#VivaKenBarlow!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 08:12:02 »

The club seem to be very good at spinning this, this is what they was supposed to have done weeks ago so I wont beleive it until new players arrive and are confirmed as signed
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: