Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TRUST AGM - TONIGHT 6.30pm. - GW PUB  (Read 22020 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 10:44:15 »

Wholeheartedly agree with this, just don't see how things such as fan ownership can work without accepting that our present position is as high as we can get.

If you look at how much of a hit Andrew Black took and had to write off to get us to where we are now, and take account of the need to sell Ritchie to just sustain the club for so long (did we ever hear how long that cash would last) I just don't see how the Trust could fund the club, let alone fund developments moving forward.

I do think that Trust has a very important role to play at the moment as a voice and monitor keeping a close eye on whats going on and raising anything that doesn't look right.

There are some of us, and certainly arriba is one, who accept it may be necessary at some point for the club to reform a lot further down the pyramid and start again, if a sustainable model is to be achieved. This may look a bit scary to some, but lower league football under the current system is unsustainable, and likely to get worse.  As J Wray has said there is likely to be some serious restructuring coming in the next few years.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 10:44:39 »

Thank you for the summation Fred. Any TEFers amongst that board? (I'm pretty sure of a few, but nice to check)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 10:45:38 »

Can I ask what JW's part in the Trust meeting was and also why he attended? I know he still goes to games but I was just wondering what his interest in the Trust was.
Apparently his comments in an open public meeting are not to be discussed openly in public.

huh
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 10:47:41 »

Thank you for the summation Fred. Any TEFers amongst that board? (I'm pretty sure of a few, but nice to check)

Summerof69 is mate
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 10:49:14 »

Apparently his comments in an open public meeting are not to be discussed openly in public.

huh

Strange huh

Need to knock that shit on the head as it will just reinforce jonny's comments

Not good really
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 10:54:48 »

As J Wray has said there is likely to be some serious restructuring coming in the next few years.

Is this the same Mr J Wray who wanted to continue to fling cash at the club until he was removed by the owners late last year.

I am intrigued by what his intentions are, but hey we will never know. I hope he got all the attendees of the Trust AGM to sign a NDA.
Flashheart

« Reply #81 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 10:57:56 »

Strange huh

Need to knock that shit on the head as it will just reinforce jonny's comments

Not good really

If I was considering making any contributions (which I wasn't), this would have changed my mind.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:01:52 »

If I was considering making any contributions (which I wasn't), this would have changed my mind.

I can understand that completely

Unfortunately
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:03:53 »

There are some of us, and certainly arriba is one, who accept it may be necessary at some point for the club to reform a lot further down the pyramid and start again, if a sustainable model is to be achieved. This may look a bit scary to some, but lower league football under the current system is unsustainable, and likely to get worse.  As J Wray has said there is likely to be some serious restructuring coming in the next few years.

I think this applies to lot of clubs...certainly a 'correction' in League football has long been needed and indeed appears to be happening slowly with more and more clubs doing precisely that.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:04:11 »

Is this the same Mr J Wray who wanted to continue to fling cash at the club until he was removed by the owners late last year.

I am intrigued by what his intentions are, but hey we will never know. I hope he got all the attendees of the Trust AGM to sign a NDA.

I think in Jezza's mind it was shit or bust...namely we get over the moat before the rest pull up the drawbridge.  We're in a strange position, insofar as we're not really big enough for the Championship, but too big for say Conference South.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:15:41 »

I think in Jezza's mind it was shit or bust...namely we get over the moat before the rest pull up the drawbridge.  We're in a strange position, insofar as we're not really big enough for the Championship, but too big for say Conference South.
Would you agree that our current position (top half of L1/third tier) is more or less our natural position in the order of things?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:30:13 »

A quick flick through The Championship table reveals that IMO 23 of the 24 clubs are bigger than us. Peterboro being the exception but even that could be debateable and look where they are in the league (22nd). To see big clubs like Wolves, Sheff Wed and to a lesser extent Bristol City all struggling I cant help but feel if we go up we would be in for a very long season.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 12:02:38 »

We would go straight back down but a season up there would be good for us financially given higher gates and more TV money.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 12:05:38 »

Would you agree that our current position (top half of L1/third tier) is more or less our natural position in the order of things?

Once upon a time...yes, but in recent years we've had 2 flirtations with Div 4, and only managed to get out, by spending money we really didn't have, which then stores up problems for the immediate future.

You only have to look at clubs like Lincoln and Stockport, to see what can happen if you're allowed to find a natural level...it wasn't that long ago 2007, that Stockport could happily put 3 goals on us without reply...having a side featuring prominent Prem players to be Anthony Pilkington and Ashley Williams.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 12:10:57 »

To be fair, our second relegation in recent years was pretty much solely down to poor management on Wilsons part, and not Indicative of a more deep seated problem

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: