Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Williams is shit  (Read 28272 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 13:48:22 »

This thread should have ended on page 1, post number 2 with

"NO HE ISN'T"
lambourn red

« Reply #271 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:55:29 »

The more this season goes on I am starting to think the thread title is correct
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:09:55 »

Up front on his own with no pacy wingers for 60 mins, the odds are against him to be fair.  We go to 442 and he comes off, then the other 2 miss easier chances than his.

I'll say it again, Williams is better than Rooney, despite the worldy today.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
lambourn red

« Reply #273 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:13:35 »

His first touch is awful and although he has undeniable pace to burn he just is not a striker he does not read the game , how many woulda Charlie Austin scored in this team ?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:16:38 »

Collins missed two decent chances....but Williams gets the nod as a starter so his misses are the ones you remember.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:22:48 »

Collins missed two decent chances....but Williams gets the nod as a starter so his misses are the ones you remember.

Word!

Also Rooney scores goal of the season but fucks up the sitters!

Clems Army!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:31:08 »

Word!

Also Rooney scores goal of the season but fucks up the sitters!

Agreed,,,,though he scored a fantastic equaliser.....Collins and Williams didnt score with four chances between them.....so i will give Rooney the benefit on account that he ACTUALLY scored.

Señor

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:39:03 »

The problem is Williams constantly gets a start no matter how shit he plays and how many chances he wastes, I'm pretty sure he has started every game this year. We have barely seen a full game from Rooney and yes he does miss the odd sitter but he looks far more likely to score.

The constant defence of Williams is getting laughable now, he doesn't do anywhere near enough to justify a place and do what he is paid to do which is SCORE GOALS. He doesn't even create chances because he is devoid of ideas and more interested in going down than creating a chance. The complaint of missed chances has been going on for ages now and is set to continue while Williams starts every game for this club.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:40:10 »

His first touch is awful and although he has undeniable pace to burn he just is not a striker he does not read the game , how many woulda Charlie Austin scored in this team ?

None, because he is better than League 1 which is why he is in the Championship.  Not really an arguement.  Williams is playing for us because he is not good enough for the championship.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:41:47 »

The problem is Williams constantly gets a start no matter how shit he plays and how many chances he wastes, I'm pretty sure he has started every game this year. We have barely seen a full game from Rooney and yes he does miss the odd sitter but he looks far more likely to score.

The constant defence of Williams is getting laughable now, he doesn't do anywhere near enough to justify a place and do what he is paid to do which is SCORE GOALS. He doesn't even create chances because he is devoid of ideas and more interested in going down than creating a chance. The complaint of missed chances has been going on for ages now and is set to continue while Williams starts every game for this club.

Apart from score a worldy, what did Rooney do today that was better than Williams?  And would he have been able to do it if he was up front on his own with little support?

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:46:21 »

Cannot agree....for me he has scored valuable goals out of the blue.
He works hard and does the job the manager asks.....he has played on his own up front a lot....never easy.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:55:11 »

At the start of the season we played Williams and Collins up front in a 4-4-2 and they looked like they would decimate defences - unfortunately the powers that be have decided they cannot play together or 4-4-2 is not the way they want to play!!  Don't blame Williams, he is not an out and out one man striker.
Señor

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:05:02 »

I don't know whether Rooney could play well up front on his own because he hasn't been given a proper chance.
We have to take into account Rooney was only given 25 minutes today and it is often less than this. In my opinion he looks far more likely to score because he has awareness and the ability to find a man or get a shot away, not the 'head down and run' approach Williams adopts. He also doesn't go down (intentionally or not) at every given opportunity like Williams does. Apart from the goal at Coventry in which he had about 5 chances to score before hand, I'm struggling to think of another vital goal from Williams at all.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:11:14 »

I don't know whether Rooney could play well up front on his own because he hasn't been given a proper chance.
We have to take into account Rooney was only given 25 minutes today and it is often less than this. In my opinion he looks far more likely to score because he has awareness and the ability to find a man or get a shot away, not the 'head down and run' approach Williams adopts. He also doesn't go down (intentionally or not) at every given opportunity like Williams does. Apart from the goal at Coventry in which he had about 5 chances to score before hand, I'm struggling to think of another vital goal from Williams at all.

Did you only start watching matches after Xmas then because Williams was our only real goal threat in the first part of the season.

Señor

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 20:22:53 »

Yes I did but there has been 15 games since the 4-0 over Carlisle on January 5, the last time I believe he has been good enough, that's a large part of the season for a striker to be acting as a passenger. He was decent before hand but hardly setting the world alight, I seem to remember Ritchie was top scorer for quite a bit as well and Collins chipped in with a few so I would disagree in him being the only real goal threat.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: