Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Notts County FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27084 times)
woolster

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 21:07:38 »

Zzz
Flashheart

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 21:35:25 »

Cheers Rich

A flagpost, not less than 1.5 m (5 ft) high, with a non-pointed top and a flag
must be placed at each corner.

They could make them sharpened, pointed, barbed posts. That could liven things up a bit.
kerry red

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 21:43:31 »

I don't think Roger Milla would have agreed with you!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 21:45:03 »

They could make them sharpened, pointed, barbed posts. That could liven things up a bit.

Would stop time wasting in the corner I suppose- who would want to dribble vaguly near it and stand over the ball if they ran the risk of impalement?!

Technically he was correct as Collins was in the process of celebrating his goal (If you watch it again, he actually removed his shirt AS the referee was blowing for full time).  If he had a bit of nouse, the ref would have booked Collins, restarted the game at 2-0 and then blown up after something like 5 seconds.  That way he has done everything "by the book" and there is no controversy.

IF I was insistant on blowing up there and then like the ref the other day, then personally I would have ignored it (and run the risk of taken a hit on my assessors mark).  

The 'shirts stay on rule' is there purely for sponsorship reasons (cynicsm alert). It was a televised game, at the moment when that sponsor is going to appear on national TV. Given the context, he would have had to be seen to yellow him, whether it 'counted' or not, or Sky/Samsung would be calling for his head.

Not that I support that rule of course. Just trying to explain the ref's odd way of going about it.

kerry red

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 21:51:15 »

Anyone notice when the ref had to bollock that big lump that came on as sub he also called over another County player to act as interpreter - if he'd sent him off, as he should, he wouldn't have needed to bother.

Shame really, cos I thought the ref had a good first half.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 21:53:45 »

Would stop time wasting in the corner I suppose- who would want to dribble vaguly near it and stand over the ball if they ran the risk of impalement?!

The 'shirts stay on rule' is there purely for sponsorship reasons (cynicsm alert). It was a televised game, at the moment when that sponsor is going to appear on national TV. Given the context, he would have had to be seen to yellow him, whether it 'counted' or not, or Sky/Samsung would be calling for his head.

Not that I support that rule of course. Just trying to explain the ref's odd way of going about it.

Totally agree.  When it was intorduced, FIFA came out with some bollocks about insulting people by showing flesh and covering heads, but showing the sponsors logo is the only reason it was really introduced!
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 21:56:43 »

Anyone notice when the ref had to bollock that big lump that came on as sub he also called over another County player to act as interpreter - if he'd sent him off, as he should, he wouldn't have needed to bother.

Shame really, cos I thought the ref had a good first half.

It was the captain he called over.  You can guarantee the ref said something like "I'm giving you a final warning here.  I don't want to send you off, but if you so much as fart and you will be having an early bath!  Captain, now you know what is happening, keep him in check!"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 22:02:25 »

What do you reckon to Collins' yellow the other night? The final whistle clearly blew before he took his shirt off so he shouldn't have got a yellow should he?

OST, I had the exact same thought however I'm sure Yeovil kicked off after the goal, so the match hadn't finished straight after Collins' goal. I could be wrong, but I think the ref got that right, by the letter of the law.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 22:21:12 »

OST, I had the exact same thought however I'm sure Yeovil kicked off after the goal, so the match hadn't finished straight after Collins' goal. I could be wrong, but I think the ref got that right, by the letter of the law.
No, just watched it again and Collins' goal was the last kick of the game. The ref blows for full time a fraction of a second before he pulls his shirt off. He got it wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 22:39:06 »

[quote [email protected] link=topic=51075.msg1177856#msg1177856
Download this pdf...  http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf
[/quote]

This one surely, its 2012 -13 Smiley Bet its no different..

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/refereeing/81/42/36/lawsofthegame%5f2012%5fe.pdf
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 22:44:47 by Batch » Logged
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 22:47:27 »

Another opposing keeper on a mission. For all the possession we had in the 1st half we rarely looked like scoring except I think for a free kick low to their keepers right. 2nd half was a combination of Good keeping and them throwing themselves in front of any shots and a couple of poor efforts by Rooney with his header onto the post and Collins with the rebound. My mate was the big lad who won a season ticket and a signed ball for the shoot out thing at half time so he went home happier than I did. actually thought we played some Good football for big parts of the game and if we create the same amount of chances Friday night I'll be suprised if we don't get that elusive home win.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 22:57:41 »

Technically he was correct as Collins was in the process of celebrating his goal (If you watch it again, he actually removed his shirt AS the referee was blowing for full time).  If he had a bit of nouse, the ref would have booked Collins, restarted the game at 2-0 and then blown up after something like 5 seconds.  That way he has done everything "by the book" and there is no controversy.

IF I was insistant on blowing up there and then like the ref the other day, then personally I would have ignored it (and run the risk of taken a hit on my assessors mark). 

In short, he was correct but the way he went about things didn't do himself any favours!

Sorry, Technically?  He took his shirt off after the final whistle.  It's a stupid rule, but never the less, he got it wrong and could have done himself a bigger favour by walking down the tunnel and not booking him.

What did you think of the pull back on Roberts today when through on goal, that we ddin't even get a foul for let alone a freekick and a possible red card, and also the forearm smash on Thompson by the fat lad who was on a yellow?

The referee was a twat today, especially second half.  The second half turned into all about the ref, which for me is the first sign of a bad ref.  The best refs you don't see and don't impact the game, this one did.  Foul throws, pulling the ball back 2 inches and talking to the players like kids (which I clearly heard "I'm not going to tell you again!") absolute knob, and everything that is wrong with our referees today.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 23:29:00 »

Technically he was correct as Collins was in the process of celebrating his goal (If you watch it again, he actually removed his shirt AS the referee was blowing for full time).  If he had a bit of nouse, the ref would have booked Collins, restarted the game at 2-0 and then blown up after something like 5 seconds.  That way he has done everything "by the book" and there is no controversy.

In short, he was correct but the way he went about things didn't do himself any favours!
I didn't even think Collins yellow card was questionable, plenty of players get red cards after the final whistle and as removing your shirt is a bookable offence the yellow seemed the right decision whether the whistle had gone or not?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 23:40:02 »

I didn't even think Collins yellow card was questionable, plenty of players get red cards after the final whistle and as removing your shirt is a bookable offence the yellow seemed the right decision whether the whistle had gone or not?

So every player that removes their shirt after the final whistle should be booked?  In an international 22 players would be booked when they swap shirts.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #209 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 02:16:46 »

This season comes down to whether the embargo gets lifted in time or not. The current squad won't take us up without a few additions. We played well today but we lack a cutting edge.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: