Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Home v Oldham  (Read 3363 times)
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 11:35:16 »

Has Junior Lewis signed for anyone yet?
Spud

« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 11:38:53 »

Quote from: "Barnard"

If he hasnt then i dont see why we shouldnt go in for him?.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 11:46:14 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

If he hasnt then i dont see why we shouldnt go in for him?.

Totally agree, if he hasn't he's effectively unemployed and will need to sign for someone soon, lets make him the best offer the club can afford and put the ball in his court, a shit contract from Swindon is going to be better than no contract once the transfer window closes
McLovin

« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 11:47:53 »

The transfer window doesn't apply for players who are 'unemployed', so he may still opt to wait.
JMH75

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 11:49:58 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Id pick this team....

Nicholas (Ithought Smith was awful)

Bit harsh, he started off quite badly but came into the game the further it went on. Was left exposed on a number of occasions by Pook who was wandering around like a headless chicken and kept straying into centre midfield.

He looked one our better players in the second half after Thorpe was moved to the left.

As for Nicholas replacing him, please tell me it hasn't got that bad already!

----------------------

I'm back!

-----------------------
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 12:00:57 »

Quote from: "Nils"
To be honest why the fuck did king loan in a right back when we have jenks and lapham.

Collins can also play centre back. I think Caton may play on the left tomorrow.
Dazzza

« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 12:03:19 »

Saw Oldham pre-season and they looked very average indeed, even with Beckett up front.  

That said it was partly down to having nearly a whole new team on the pitch and they looked a bit unorganised as you’d expect with that many new players. However they did show some real glimses of what they are capable off and should mature into a very strong team.

Going to be a very tough game, they have that much depth it puts our wafer thin squad in the shade.

Can’t see us getting anything more than a point at best.

Nils

« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 12:25:41 »

Yea, signed for Watford ages ago. I'm sure I mentioned it but cant be arsed to find the link.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 13:26:55 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Steve Jenkins is not a central midfield player Michael Pook is.....playing him on the left its hardly surprising he didn't play too well......I once read a piece by Sturrock on what was the key to successful management.....he said he'd asked Ferguson for advice and the best thing he offered was...."don't ask people to do what they're not able to do"

Seems pretty obvious, but if you ask Jenks to play central he'll say he can....but in fact he can't....same with Pook on the left..

This is the worry... King seems unable to learn from past cock ups.

Spot on there Reg, although in the past you can excuse King's mistakes as his hands have been tied behind his back, the choice to play Pook on the left and Jenkins in the middle when you've got a perfectly capable left-winger on the bench is somewhat confusing.

I don't understand why King has said Nicolau was poor in pre-season, he impressed me in both games I went to. I can only assume it's an attitude problem and we're going to see another Gareth Edds situation arise.

Personally I feel that the team picks itself if Stef is fit tomorrow and I'd hope we line up something alone the lines of:

Code:
             Evans
Jenkins   Ifil   O'Hanlon   Smith
Shakes    Migs   Whalley    Nicolau
          Thorpe Cureton

Possibly switching Nicolau for Caton and Thorpe for Roberts, but I feel the above lineup is simplest as everyone is in their natural position.

It's clear we're still lacking a solid central midfielder and until this is sorted I can see defeats like Barnsley becoming a regular occurence on the road, but we may cope at home.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 13:34:18 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Saw Oldham pre-season and they looked very average indeed, even with Beckett up front.  

That said it was partly down to having nearly a whole new team on the pitch and they looked a bit unorganised as you’d expect with that many new players. However they did show some real glimses of what they are capable off and should mature into a very strong team.

Going to be a very tough game, they have that much depth it puts our wafer thin squad in the shade.

Can’t see us getting anything more than a point at best.

They did pretty well with 8 debutants on Sat-best we can hope for is a narrow victory.Will anyone be in the Merlin Tuesday-me and my lad are travelling up from Kent.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 13:36:59 »

I think the Merlin is going to be at least half full of forumers, I'm the fat skinhead, that should narrow it down Cool
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 13:44:07 »

I think the Merlin is going to be at least half full of forumers, I'm the fat skinhead, that should narrow it down

i am too a skin head but not that fat or in fact that tall 5ft 7".
should be there about 6pm.
Mines a carling sonicyouth,  Wink

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 13:48:28 »

I'll be wearing a STFC badge so you can all identify me.
McLovin

« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 13:59:13 »

Has King said Nicolau was poor?  From the reports i read, he was assiting most of our goals...
spacey

« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 14:06:17 »

I'm not going to The Merlin anymore, Too many forumers giving me the fear :shock:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: