Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Town FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41057 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 10:32:48 »

Very happy with that, first half a bit scrappy but second half we were definitely the better team. KMac's changes were very positive I thought and helped us win.

Thompson needs a new contract ASAP, he was fantastic last night. Miller was the only one who didn't play well I thought but Macca was brilliant. Keep him in CM with Ferry (hope the hamstring problem won't keep him out).

Next two games are vital that we get 6 points , 4 points is an absolute minimum. Notts County are very hard to beat as the league table shows whilst Oldham have a new manager and won 3-0 last night so will be up for it.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 10:38:49 »

Thompson just one  yellow card away from a suspension. As this will be a "when", rather than an "if", how will KMac shuffle the pack to cover right back?

An unfit Devera? Macca? If Macca, who fills in in midfield?

Really need those extra bodies.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 10:44:59 »

4-4-2 with Macca or Devera (who cant be far from full fitness now) at RB, RDV or Luke on the wing.

Hopefully this will totally wrong due to influx of new players thanks to the embargo being lifted minutes after i post this  Hmmm
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 10:48:03 »

Noticed a few comments on here about Wes dribbling the ball out - I havent seen them much this season but that was probably the first time I've seen him try to do that. Wonder if it was due to the pitch - a nasty bobble could see him doing a Hammond, whereas if he takes a touch hes got more chance of a clean connection. Or has he been doing this a lot this year ?

Must admit i'm not a particluar fan of any keeper doing this, you will get caught out eventually and it will end in tears.

Im all for putting your foot through it when under pressure even it means putting it in row Z intentionally.
Flashheart

« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 10:50:00 »

What gets me is that when under pressure he was dribbling the ball but when not under pressure he was hoofing it.

What was all that about?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 11:04:31 »

Thompson & Flint were the 2 standout performers for me, Flint in particular, who I thought did a terrific job on Madden. Have to agree with the comments re Miller who I thought looked laboured and when he did have the ball tended to give it away very cheaply. I think we need a CM, a winger & a striker to supplement what we've already got. Injuries and suspensions aside I'm more than happy with the backline.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 11:05:24 »

Everybody is saying Miller didn't play well!  I tend to disagree, he didn't stand out as a star performer but on the other hand he didn't stand out to me as utter crap either.  Stand out players, either good or bad, are obvious!!  One or two saying JMac was poor as well, yes his crossing wasn't that good but let us not forget he is actuially a defender and as a unit I thought the defence played well.  One shot on target when you are the home team is not a good return and down to good defending.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 11:06:16 »

When Thompson gets a ban I would stick Devera at RB as his fitness levels must be back to a good level by now.

When a goalkeeper is under pressure just hoof the ball away as far as possible, its only gunna end up biting you in the arse at some point. I like A Rooney, he's grown on me after a long spell in the shadows
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 11:10:40 »

Miller has the sort of game that wont stand out even when he does play well, he is there do the a lot of the unpretty stuff in front of the back floor.

I dont think his game is helped by the dreadfull pitches we have had to play on recently away from home. Its tough to take the ball of CB and then pass it out on the deck when pitch is cutting up or made of sand.  In saying that he hasnt put in great shifts recently at home so i think im talking bollocks actually.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 11:18:12 »

Everybody is saying Miller didn't play well!  I tend to disagree, he didn't stand out as a star performer but on the other hand he didn't stand out to me as utter crap either.  Stand out players, either good or bad, are obvious!!  One or two saying JMac was poor as well, yes his crossing wasn't that good but let us not forget he is actuially a defender and as a unit I thought the defence played well.  One shot on target when you are the home team is not a good return and down to good defending.
Agree regarding JMac, defensively he was terrifc last night. The game really did pass TM by at times though. He looks in need of a rest atm & I fully expect to see Navarro given a run in the next couple of weeks if he can get back to full fitness. Miller's ball retention was very poor last night but I supose we shouldn't be looking for negatives to detract from what was a very efficient team performance.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 11:29:30 »

Great result last night.

I was mildly concerned at half-time, as Yeovil were knocking the ball around quite comfortably, certainly looked more composed than us although in terms of chances it was pretty even.

Second half we looked much better from the start. Williams got in a few nice runs and it looked like they weren't able to press us as well as they were doing in the first half.

Stonewall penalty, and Collins looked really bright when he came on. Thomson was great throughout. Made some great tackles on that whinging, diving gypsy Madden. If we could sort our home form out we could go up automatically this season.

Wouldn't mind seeing 442 on Saturday with maybe Luke Rooney starting on the right. Gives us something a little bit different when we've been struggling to create when teams park the bus.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 12:05:31 »

Great win last night and gives us a gap ahead of the chasing pack below Yeovil, and also takes us a few points off top again! Thompson was immense and also McCormack had a great game! Ward was back to being his solid best and pretty much won everything in the air! A good team performance, especially 2nd half, and 3 vital points secured! Onwards to Saturday!

#VivaKenBarlow!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 12:40:18 »

Thompson just one  yellow card away from a suspension. As this will be a "when", rather than an "if", how will KMac shuffle the pack to cover right back?

An unfit Devera? Macca? If Macca, who fills in in midfield?

Really need those extra bodies.

Is that 4 games in a row he's been booked now.

I wonder if that's any sort of record club or otherwise?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 13:54:30 »

Wasn't there a poster on here a bit back that said Thompson shouldn't be allowed near the team sheet??  Carry on playing like this and he will be a very live contender for player of the year!!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 15:50:29 »

I think that was 8 for Thompson last night wasn't it?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: