Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Town FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40734 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 22:01:26 »

Haven't celebrated that much for ages when we scored a goal Smiley

Loved it, first half was crap, Flint looked off the mark as did JMac in the first half, pumped too much long and didn't threaten them at all and how Hayter (I think) missed 2 almost sitters kept us in the game.

Myself, Pumbaa, Herthab, Flash and Victor Meldrew were all saying at half time we will be happy with a draw, it was cold and the pitch was like a slashed bus seat (Mr Flash) and that Yeovil seemed they wanted it more.......well turns out we were very wrong!

2nd half what a turn around, we played the ball on the floor and passed it around so much better than them all over the pitch. Flint and JMac were back at the races and in the 2nd half we didn't look like conceding, even with Foders insisting on dribbling with the ball before kicking it, despite this I havent felt that confident in a Swindon keeper for years....possibly ever.

The Penalty was right in front of us and I personally, and all around me, thought Roberts certainly looked for the penalty and there was practically zero contact at all, but the ref gave it and Rooney cooly slotted it in, brilliant!

Collins came on and really made a difference up front with his running and strength and deserved his goal at the end.

The passion shown by the players was evident at the end, I was very proud to be part of it even though I have a bruised jaw and hand from the celebrations (thanks to Pumbaa!).

Hopefully we can kick on a bit now....again!

Last word goes to Nathan Thompson....who other than 1 misstimed tackle which earned him a booking (a tackle which looked like he was getting revenge for an earlier bad tackle on him) he did not put a foot wrong all game, this lad is a star in the making, the hardest tackling fullback since Rambo!

Well done to the 550 ish Town fans that bothered to turn up, it was a great night in the end.

You didn't tell me about the jaw!!!!!

Fuck....sorry fella....but it was worth it!
Drakes Way

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 02:23:09 »

At what, 4am or 5am local time?!  Mental.

Game kicked off at 6:45am which was perfect. Watched the game then went straight to work.

Bank holiday game at Doncaster is also live on Setanta and will be an 11:15pm kickoff (local time). Got to go to work the next day but that won't stop me watching the game.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 06:23:27 »

DW...What's it like to be mostly Australian ? Bloody red necks  Cheesy

So when are you sending Robbie Deans back here ? New Zealand's finest export.

COYR
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #423 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 08:10:39 »

You didn't tell me about the jaw!!!!!

Fuck....sorry fella....but it was worth it!
No I never noticed till i got home and thought back how the hell I hurt my jaw Cheesy I don't care it was very worth the war wounds!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #424 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 08:14:25 »

No I never noticed till i got home and thought back how the hell I hurt my jaw Cheesy I don't care it was very worth the war wounds!
The most common away day injury for me seems to be bruised shins, from hitting the seat in front.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 08:25:13 »

The most common away day injury for me seems to be bruised shins, from hitting the seat in front.

Luton was the worst for that.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #426 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 08:30:40 »

Nathan Thompson's flying knee revenge tackle has cemented his place as my new favourite Town player. Wonderful stuff.
Victor Mildew

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 08:56:51 »

That was down to all your Jibba Jabba!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #428 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 08:57:35 »

That was down to all your Jibba Jabba!

Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 09:12:56 »

No chance of that happening at Yeovil (unless you were sat in the seats, obviously). I've taken my other half's 20 year old son to 3 away games this season and he's yet to see us lose. If we need anything at Scunthorpe,  I'll drag him there!

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 10:16:45 »

Game kicked off at 6:45am which was perfect. Watched the game then went straight to work.

Bank holiday game at Doncaster is also live on Setanta and will be an 11:15pm kickoff (local time). Got to go to work the next day but that won't stop me watching the game.

I'll be in a bar in Turkey for the Donny game. Unfortunately its on at the same time as the Chelsea v Man U FA Cup replay. However I know the owners of the sea front establishment for the game so there are going to be some hacked off plastic Premiership fans!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: