Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Town FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41045 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 00:02:56 »

We didn't make the Arrow pub but they had a marquee just outside the ground selling thatchers so had a couple in there. A big bonus was we didn't get a drop of rain down there a was suprised to see how much surface water was on the roads back this end. Yeovil fans made a right song and dance at just about everything so was nice at the end to shut them up especially whoever was ringing a stupid bell ! Town fans didn't break into song that much but we never do down there but we definitely got the last laughs.

Glad it was worth waiting the extra day for  Wink
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 00:07:01 »

Glad it was worth waiting the extra day for  Wink
Ha yeah, I'm back on track now  :)And I've broken my hoodoo about not seeing us win there and it was a quick get away after having not parked in the away car park. Now looking forward to Friday, or is it Saturday  Cheesy
lambourn red

« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 00:23:51 »

Watched the game in some random pub in Kensington  not sure they would have it on not only was the game on but there were a couple of other town fans in there. Very poor first half but in a complete opposite to last week we got stronger and stronger as the game went on , all this nonsense talk of not looking as fit In the lat few games tonight we fitter and stronger.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 00:40:53 »

Isn't it strange how peoples views change in a week.  Brentford was by all accounts the better performance, yet last week everyone was bitchin.

A week later, 30 mins of half decent football and KMAC et all are world beaters.

Not complaining, just pointing out how fickle football fans are.

We'll be doomed again by 6pm Saturday night....

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 00:41:54 »

Ferry ferry ferry ferry ferry ferry ferry.

Personally I thought they were both excellent, Flint especially who I thought showed a surprisingly good turn of pace on a few occasions. Having said that, I only watched on the box so will defer to the opinion of someone who actually went. And although it generally worked tonight, I must admit to remaining sceptical about the high line of defence we seem to have adopted when those two are at the back.
Ferry is nowhere near as creative as McCormack. Actually, he isn't as combative either. Think I'd still have McCormack over Ferry.

Yes, they did well. But Flint especially looked a second away from disaster nearly every time he had the ball.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 01:02:57 »

Ferry is nowhere near as creative as McCormack. Actually, he isn't as combative either. Think I'd still have McCormack over Ferry.

Yes, they did well. But Flint especially looked a second away from disaster nearly every time he had the ball.

from where i watched in the ski resort i live in in france flint looked as composed a CB as you'll see at this level.

also anyone who criticizes ferry can go watch every other team in L1 and get back to me on who is better in his position.  do that and i will donate money in order to sign him myself - don't even know how to convey how wrong you are?!
Barry Scott

« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 01:09:22 »

from where i watched in the ski resort i live in in france flint looked as composed a CB as you'll see at this level.

also anyone who criticizes ferry can go watch every other team in L1 and get back to me on who is better in his position.  do that and i will donate money in order to sign him myself - don't even know how to convey how wrong you are?!

I agree. McCormack is more combative, but has nowhere near Ferry's level of creativity and vision. Don't get me wrong, I like McCormack, but he's not got the range of passing or consistency that makes Ferry our standout player.

I'd wager KM's start would be better had we played Ferry centrally over either Miller or Macca.
fatbasher

« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 06:56:15 »

Saw the second half last night when I got back in. First half was even Stevens. Second half we thoroughly deserved our win Adam Rooney played well in the second half after having a quiet first half I thought. Everyone played well for me so everyone deserves MOM. That was a monumental win, to the point that Radio Zummerzet did not get an interview out of Johnson till after I lost radio contact on my way home.

A few post match pints in the big marquee went down well as I could not be arsed to walk to the Arrow pub. Parked opposite the ground in the Ind Est and was out pretty pronto. Job well done so let's hope they follow that up by winning on Saturday which is my BD, be a nice additional present.

fatbasher

« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 06:59:46 »

No need to guess. There were 546 STFC fans!

Which is good cause the agricultural fans were singing is that all you take away in the first half, a piss poor showing from us really for an away fixture midweek and on telly (tonuge in cheek) when you consider they only bought 433 to us on a Saturday.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 07:14:16 »

Game was televised live on Setanta here in Sydney...

At what, 4am or 5am local time?!  Mental.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 07:16:50 »

Similar to Coventry I think the starting line up and formation was wrong also like Coventry I think KMacs timing of the subs and formation change were 100% spot on and won us the game.

I remember watching Thompson play right back in a reserve game maybe 4 years ago now where he was up against a still decent Lee Trundle where he marked him out the game and Trundle got really annoyed and had a strop. Knew Thompson would make it then 83% certain I posted this at the time as well...
kerry red

« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 07:17:56 »

Just a couple of things.

Went to Brentford last week as we were done by them just pumping long balls over the back four and thought we also looked a bit vulnerable to that tactic again tonight. Some great last ditch tackles saved the day

And how good could we be if we only had a normal, functioning board backing up the players on the pitch
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 07:43:07 »

Though we are a bit slow at the back I thought - as many others have said - NT was great. Flint also made a couple of blinding challenges and kept Madden quiet for the most part, best I've seen him play for a while.

Seemed like at HT we realised pinging crosses from deep into their two giant centre backs wasn't the best ploy and looked miles better second half. Collins is this season's Connell - supersub!

McCormack has been a revelation back in the centre of midfield - 3 brilliant performances against Cov, Walsall and now Yeovil. Wouldn't mind seeing more of L Rooney in the run-in either, although think MacDonald is using him wisely off the bench against tired defences.

Now just need to recapture that home form of the turn of the year, must go to Doncaster with a further six points and we should be brimming with confidence.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 07:49:32 »

Now just need to recapture that home form of the turn of the year, must go to Doncaster with a further six points and we should be brimming with confidence.

Unfortunately Notts County, have a very decent away record, in terms of being hard to beat...only lost 3, so not an easy game to turn around poor form.

There hasn't been many seasons where we've reached 10 away wins...I can think of 2 without checking.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 08:02:21 »

But that 'disaster' never actually materialized did it? I would call it not panicking under pressure myself, which is a trait shared by all top defenders.

I've watched Flint over 90 minutes 4 times this year (Crawley, Colchester, Coventry, Yeovil) and the bloke has been absolutely awesome every time. If he has missed a header or tackle in that time, then I've not seen it.

I love him.

FACT! Cool

P.S. Having said that, I would like to see us using him to far, far greater effect at set pieces. The bloke's a human totem pole and we should be looking at getting 10+ goals out of him per season.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: