Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scary Grounds to get in and out of  (Read 33806 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 12:50:49 »

In an old beer can? Cheesy

That must be it! Maybe a Hofmeister can!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 13:22:04 »

No ob and lack of cctv at a guess.

So who was doing the arresting then ?
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 13:23:01 »

Lincoln have some of the worst fans around,A real hard core following at England's away games too.

The "Lincoln Transit Elite" I believe
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 13:38:04 »

It was very scary back then in the 70's and 80's. I recall all of these games, Northampton, Pompey, Millwall etc.
Saying that Swindon was not a scary place to visit I would disagree. I know for a fact that Millwall and Pompey two of the worst clubs for nutcases following their clubs loved coming to Swindon as they would always be guaranteed some action.
I also recall when a Plymouth fans was killed at Swindon.

So glad I can take both my young lads without the hassle that went on those decades before. I even took my 9 year old to the Pox JPT game without any problem.

How ironic that the only time I was ever actually hit at a football game were by Swindon skinheads along the Manchester Road after an Oxford game as I made my way back to the station.....bastards.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #94 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 14:46:37 »

This one is for all the hardnuts in this thread.

[url width=320 height=170]http://25.media.tumblr.com/1907157aa48dab21af90371d552f9fbc/tumblr_mig972Hfbg1qbyuq8o1_400.gif[/url]
droogie

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 19:01:07 »

lads. at no time have i glorified football hooliganism.some on here appear quite precious about things that used to happen.by the way common room banter is schoolboy humour , its not difficult.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 20:42:06 »

Donkey jackets, combat trousers, doc martin boots, scarfes around the wrist, home made banners made from sheets to wrap around shoulders, ring any bells?
Then came the skinhead era ,scary!!!
Think you might have that a bit arse about face mate.
Proper "skinhead era"  was from 68 til 71 ish.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 20:49:02 »

Think you might have that a bit arse about face mate.
Proper "skinhead era"  was from 68 til 71 ish.

My first encounter with skinheads, was Jan 67 at the Boleyn Ground...bit of an eye opener for us Swindon boys.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 20:51:41 »

I was talking to an old Swindon bus station Skin only today.

Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 20:57:02 »

My first encounter with skinheads, was Jan 67 at the Boleyn Ground...bit of an eye opener for us Swindon boys.
Glad i am not the only one that still calls that stadium by its proper name.
First went there in 74 or was it 75? Head Hurts Eastoe got the equaliser,replay was lively.
Tadge scary to say the least,it was bovver boys by then.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 18, 2013, 21:05:41 by Mother Brown » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 21:13:32 »

Went to the replay...believe it was on bonfire night and we lost 2-1 in front of around 25,000 Hmmm
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 21:40:58 »

How ironic that the only time I was ever actually hit at a football game were by Swindon skinheads along the Manchester Road after an Oxford game as I made my way back to the station.....bastards.
Bastard Town Fans, me too.

In my case leaving the Fulham (Best, Moore and Marsh etc) v Town FA Cup third round 3-3 at Craven Cottage

Someone from behind nicked my Fulham-ish navy and white bobble hat, I turned round demanding it back and took a few hits and kicks with my mate

We left it at that (wisely in my case) teacup, paperbag and all that
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 22:08:19 »

was at this one, town fan got stabbed before the game, after the game it went mental cars being rolled, fighting all over, the police did'nt have a clue
I was at that game too. It's one of only 2 games I've ever really been scared at a football match - the other one was a home game against Millwall, in the early 80s. Not that anything much happened against Millwall as I recall - I was just a young boy and scared because of their reputation.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 22:21:46 »

Bastard Town Fans, me too.

In my case leaving the Fulham (Best, Moore and Marsh etc) v Town FA Cup third round 3-3 at Craven Cottage

Someone from behind nicked my Fulham-ish navy and white bobble hat, I turned round demanding it back and took a few hits and kicks with my mate

We left it at that (wisely in my case) teacup, paperbag and all that
Didn't go to the away game, but was at the replay at the CG, wasn't it 5-1! Your story of the bobble hat was pretty much the same as what happened to me at Higbury ( the Billy Tucker equaliser game ) except I was with my brother in law ( a huge bloke ) so when he growled at them they gave it back very quickly. Think there was quite a lot of trouble that night in and around our end. Highbury was a strange ground, terraced houses with gaps here and there where the turn styles were.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: