Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All inclusive med family holiday recommendations  (Read 6812 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 15, 2013, 19:56:36 »

I have been trawling the internet, but it's the inevitable minefield of information.

We are looking to book an all inclusive family holiday to a Med resort this summer.

Looking for -

A place with good evening entertainment for the kids
Preferably on the beach
A bonus would be somewhere with a water park
Preferably less than £2500

Has anyone been anywhere in the last few years that fit these criteria?

Thanks, as always  Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 15, 2013, 20:13:52 »

Cap Salou. Loads for kids around there and hotels on the beach.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 15, 2013, 20:58:50 »

Went to Suite Hotel Atlantis in Corralejo, Fuerteventura last year (Thomas Cook). Good hotel with 7 pools and plenty to do. Rooms all have 2 bedrooms and a lounge which is ideal for families.

Massive beach 5 mins away and all quite reasonably priced.

We've just booked up 11 nights in Cape Verde - worth looking at.

(I know they are not the Med, but close enough ;0 )
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 15, 2013, 23:00:19 »

Do you mean you want a water park on the hotel grounds?  If so, First Choice do a specific range of Splash hotels and they're all inclusive.  There's a big complex in Alcudia, Majorca called Club Mac.  Haven't been there myself, but some friends have and had a great time.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 09:59:18 »

To bump an old thread.

Any recommendations on an all inclusive. 10/11 nights. £3k budget. In July/August (school summer hols) 2017.

2 adults 2 young kids.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 10:28:21 »

THB Tropical Island, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. We went self-catering, not all-inclusive though
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 11:47:41 »

That looks spot on Paul. Ta!

Always said that I would never do all inclusive, but with two kids it seems ideal.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 14:33:40 »

The one thing I would say about the all inclusive there is that during the day, the snacks etc were served from the main pool bar which was (deliberately?) understaffed for the purpose so at busy times, folks were queueing 20 mins+ for food/drink. Oh, and one of the great things about the complex was that each block of apartments had their own pool (about a dozen IIRC) so you didn't have to go to the main pool unless you wanted to, but they didn't have food service, that was only at the main pool. Not exactly miles away mind, so it's not a big problem and you may prefer to go to the main pool anyway.

But the food served in the restaurants seemed pretty good, and people we spoke to liked it and thought it was pretty good quality/value. For me, one of the big pleasures of going abroad is eating out, plus the kids are quite fussy, so we wouldn't have got value for money on that. The complex is about a mile from the seafront where there's loads of restaurants, cafes etc and it's lovely sitting on the seafront in the evening when it's still hot but with a lovely sea breeze so we really enjoyed eating out. But I think your kids are younger (and probably less fussy) so maybe a different decision for you.

The beach is really nice, the sea's a little bracing first thing but soon warms up during the day and the people, both in the hotel and the resort generally, are lovely.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 17:28:22 »

My kids will be 3 and 6, so it's not the fussy side it's the keeping them entertained and unlimited ice cream, food and drinks...

All inclusive is my worst nightmare, but if it keeps the kids quiet...

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 21:35:36 »

All inclusive is great.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 15:59:10 »

Just booked tropical island.

£3100 for 4 of us 2 weeks all inclusive. Only extra £750 for all inclusive. Was cheaper to stay 14 nights than 10 or 11.

Better be good Paul. Remember, I know where you live...

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:11:08 »

Just booked tropical island.

£3100 for 4 of us 2 weeks all inclusive. Only extra £750 for all inclusive. Was cheaper to stay 14 nights than 10 or 11.

Better be good Paul. Remember, I know where you live...
Oooh, blimey not sure I can cope with that level of responsibility. Hope you enjoy it, we had a brilliant time there. FWIW, we went to the main water park which is about 30 mins away, as the Playa Blanca looked a bit tame, but with your kids being younger they'll probably quite enjoy that and it's just down the road. Plus I broke my toe at the one we went to. Which hurt, quite a bit.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 18:19:25 »

What beers do they have? Can you remember?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 18:45:22 »

What beers do they have? Can you remember?
What are you implying? Wink

Didn't really drink that much in the resort because we went out to eat at night and we were self-catering so was grabbing beers from the fridge when I wanted a beer before that. But IIRC, it was the local beer, Tropical I think it was called. Quite nice, if a little heavy after a few
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 18:57:36 »

But hey, if it's 'free'.

Seriously, thanks For the heads up. Looks kids friendly. Wife is happy as there is a spa. Paying off for the next 18 months, but looks worth it.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: