Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Falling out of Love  (Read 7535 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 21:29:13 »

Not sure why but Im starting to really think that I cant be bothered going to football at the moment.Its not performances as every other game we seem to play ok and I enjoy the match.But it has become something of a chore of late.It might be down to several home matches in a row ,it might be the cash or even the weather I just dont know.The fact is I go more out of a miss spent sense of dutie than because I want to go.Sad isnt it.

/
W56196272
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 21:30:29 »

Sad
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 21:32:43 »

Its a funny one, some seasons i go loads and some i just can't be bothered, last year i saw 2 games, this year i've seen 10ish and will probably end up seeing about 20-25. I've started to enjoy the whole get up in the morning get down the pub and then on to the match but i can see why it feels like a chore. Games like notts county don't help i suppose!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 21:33:58 »

I found it amazing that Bob Holt was quoted as saying he couldn't understand the poor attendences this season despite the fact we have lost at home since Peterborough back in September.  23 Squid a time is a hell of a lot, especially when added to travel costs each time.  As a student, I have felt the full force of this, but due to travelling, it costs me 30 squid a time plus I lose most of my Saturday and in the evening I don't feel like going out too much.  I desperately need someone to lift share with me and share the fucking cost of petrol!

But how you can say it is a chore watching is beyond me - have a few beers, stand in the town end cheering as Swindon have Hull 4-2....  No better feeling in the world.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 21:39:13 »

No offence, but don't you constitute a whinging grandad?  Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 22:43:57 »

I sort of felt like this earlier in the season. I kind of put it down to football fatigue, last season was really intense and then losing at Brighton was a kick in the face. Then I watched most of Euro 2004 and saw England lose and that was like us losing at Brighton, but only half as bad. I didn't really get much of a break from it until I started working and I didn't see us play for nearly six weeks. Since then I've got the hunger back.

Perhaps a break would do you good Yeovil? In absence the heart grows fonder and all that.
Amir

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 23:31:15 »

94-98 I was addicted, then lost the passion and didn't go for about 3 years.  Started going now and again after that and caught the bug again last year(although nowhere near as much as my younger days), but this year I think I've only been to 4 games.
Amir

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2004, 23:48:20 »

aka Vincent aka Little Ze.  I'll try and stick with this one for a while Smiley

Had any more wins lately, Yeovil?  Swindon cost me £900 on Saturday(although I won £300 in another bet), and Donny lost me £800 tonight.
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 00:02:50 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Cool
Not had a bet for a bit haven't felt the call from the gods Smiley
Betting on Swindon in an accumulater never works mate.

Tell me about it. If you end up getting only one wrong, you can almost garuntee that it will be Swindon

Amir

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 00:08:13 »

I know, should have learnt my lesson before.  All the other results were in when I went to the game as well.  

Sneaky little bet on for tomorrow night now.  I'm £700 up the last two weeks, wonder if I can lose it all by Christmas.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 19:47:38 »

Quote from: "Amir Khan"
I know, should have learnt my lesson before.  All the other results were in when I went to the game as well.  

Sneaky little bet on for tomorrow night now.  I'm £700 up the last two weeks, wonder if I can lose it all by Christmas.

quit while your ahead.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 20:36:31 »

I lost my love for football 1-2 years ago. There's better sports out there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: