Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It was twenty years ago today...  (Read 14855 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 19:31:53 »

Great day...the football was great by both sides,i remember Joachim being there star man and i always rated Steve Walsh...very similar to our Shaun Taylor.
Remember seeing the pain on the Fox's fans faces on leaving the stadium......a great match....a great day.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 19:32:46 »

At this time 20 years ago, I was drinking with the London Reds and a group of Werder Bremen in London celebrating a Bundesliga victory. What a fucking day!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 19:33:40 »

I wasn't even alive.

Me neither. I have always meant to watch the game but have never got round to it.

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 21:39:52 »

Old town was a road block. Outside the vic and longs was quality.
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 22:31:41 »

Old town was a road block. Outside the vic and longs was quality.

Ha, that's straight where we headed when off the train from London. I ended up walking back to West Swindon in the small hours, I was buzzing. Fantastic days.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 22:34:44 »

Unfortunately, I wasn't even alive, not for another three years. So I've only been around for 3 promotions in my life time, two of those being from League Two... Yearn for some glory days of my own.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 23:03:57 »

It was the day we brought our four day old younger son home from the hospital. He was a bit jaundiced so we had to stick him in the sunlight coming through the window. Right next to the tv. He slept right through it, goals and all.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Levi lapper

« Reply #112 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 23:21:54 »

Just watched the game on VHS. Twenty years on, the sound of Maskell's shot hitting the post on its way in is still the sweetest I've ever heard in a football stadium.

Absolutely, a fantastic noise, amazing day and the whole summer of speculation was great, I remember bumping into a swindon fan at a festival in London and he told me about some Norwegian bloke we had signed, fucking awesome time to be a swindon fan.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 07:57:21 »

I was sporting a brand new pair of glasses that day, having picked them up at Leightons in Old Town the day before.

Just after Leicester scored their 3rd some big bloke behind me was moaning "we've blown it!", but I remember Leicester looking knackerred and told him so and that we'd score a 4th. When we did, he bear-hugged me and shouted "you were right!". The thing I remember is shouting back at him "you're breaking my glasses!!" as I was a student and couldn't afford to replace them!

In those days I honestly didn't even think that we could lose at Wembley.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 10:21:16 »

I was 9 that day. Obviously, I took the whole event massively for granted.

The noise Maskell's goal made as it hit the post, Shaun Taylor's bad-assery and my dad singing 'we are Premier League sing we are Premier League' repeatedly are my main memories.

The front/back pages ('WINDON') of The Sun were framed in my old mans bathroom for years afterwards Smiley - he was a bachelor at that point.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 16:50:27 »

I was 9 that day. Obviously, I took the whole event massively for granted.

My son is 9 soon, he's seen a relegation, us beat 2 premiership teams, win a league title and had two trips to Wembley.

I've tried to tell him it ain't normal, not sure he quite believes it.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 19:49:55 »

My son is 9 soon, he's seen a relegation, us beat 2 premiership teams, win a league title and had two trips to Wembley.

I've tried to tell him it ain't normal, not sure he quite believes it.
Smiley My son is 10 this year and has been through the same.  When you read it in a sentence, it really is quite unbelievable if we hadn't been through it and that's not even taking into account the Di Canio circus which he thoroughly enjoyed being a part of.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: