Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ratings v barnsley  (Read 1323 times)
DMR

« on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 22:20:16 »

Evans- brilliant pen save, and two or three good shots and claims, but partially to blame for both goals, twice caught in no-mans land, woeful kicks - 5

Collins- send him back, and get Wednesday to teach him how to hold position, and tackle, and pass, and head, and throw- 0

Ifil- rubbish positioning as usual, a couple of very good one-on-one outcomes, typical didgy Jerel really- 4

O'Hanlon- often too far forward, didn't captain with any authority, awful challenge for their penalty- 3

Smith- struggled early on, looked more assured later, no nonsense but poor distribution- 5

Shakes- the shining light, particuarly in the secind 45 where he held postion and took people on- 7

Whalley- showed glimpes of class and glimpes of steel with good challenges but game passed him by- 5

Jenkins- usual effort, unusually bad, where was he meant to be playing Mr. King?- 5

Pook- anonymous and outdone throughout apart from one burst after 60 mins- 3

Thorpe- lazy fucker who missed a sitter after rounding the keeper, and he was NOT fit- 3

Curo- missed a penalty... inexplicable, missed a one-on-one... inexplicable, very greedy... inexplicable- 4

Niether Roberts or Nicolau had time to make a notbale impact

Very, very worryings
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 22:24:52 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Evans- brilliant pen save, and two or three good shots and claims, but partially to blame for both goals, twice caught in no-mans land, woeful kicks - 5

When I read this I thought you were watching a different game

Shakes- the shining light, particuarly in the secind 45 where he held postion and took people on- 7

Then this....

Niether Roberts or Nicolau had time to make a notbale impact

You have been watching a different game, because well he didnt play!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 22:26:57 »

I suspect DMR may have had 2 halves of shandy today.

Ben Wells Balls
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 22:27:52 »

i meant wells  :x
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 7, 2005, 09:10:27 »

Wells / Nicolau - They sound sound almost identical don't they? Beers
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 7, 2005, 13:54:30 »

unless Dave had nicolau on his mind for other reasons Shocked

RED ARMY
Windmill close wonder boy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 09:55:56 »

I think Saturday was hard to assess for a few reasons.

We don't know how good Barnsley will be we might have just played the champions OR they may be mid table, don't think for one second they are bottom 6 material so you learn zippity from one game.

Second IF and i know IF your auntie had a willy she would sort of be your uncle ----- but anyway IF thorpe takes the first chance we are 1 up, IF he takes the second chance then they DONT score and we are 1 up, so we weren't actually as bad as Mr Russell suggests.

The one thing that was worrying was the inability to break them down or to make a chance when they only had 10 BUT (another big word) give them a bit of credit they knew Whalley could hurt them, they knew Jenks can pass a ball, so they close them out and let Jerel have all the time and space and they knew Jerel can't really pass so he would hoof it after a while.

I do agree that Andy could have gone with Shakes and Nicolau wide as soon as we missed the penalty, as the one decent cross we got in almost led to a goal But it was offside so not really a chance, it should have shown them the way though

oes anyone else remember the proper Shrivvy road characters like Dum and Dee, Wolfy and Lip with his lock knife ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: