Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 51238 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 21:11:06 »

Think the criticism of Thompson was a bit harsh, not the worst mistake and Wes could have done better.

The Flint miss was the worst for me. He could have just stood there and it would have bounced in off him.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 21:15:22 »

I agree about Flint missing....strange how we all lay into Williams, but Ward's goal yesterday was the first from a corner for ages....and Flint's headers regularly go tamely over the bar.  No pareticular complaint. Just feel responsibility for missed opportunities could be shared!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 21:30:34 »

Think the criticism of Thompson was a bit harsh, not the worst mistake.

Real time it looked horrendous, then he followed it up with an obstruction earning him a deserved yellow. At that time it looked like he may have to be subbed to me...

BUT

what a recovery. He didn't brick it, or hide in the game, or anything like that. He composed himself and had an excellent remainder of the match. We've all seen experienced players go to pieces after a dodgy start, Thompson did the opposite.

-----------------------

With Flint and corners it seems to me his job is to nod it back across the box. I wish he'd take a run and launch himself at it once in a while!
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 21:33:10 »

"This video is private" Hmmm...

Sorry guys - it was a top vid! Poster seems to have made it private for some reason..... Shame Crying

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 21:38:59 »

I agree about Flint missing....strange how we all lay into Williams, but Ward's goal yesterday was the first from a corner for ages....and Flint's headers regularly go tamely over the bar.  No pareticular complaint. Just feel responsibility for missed opportunities could be shared!!!

I remember someone posting a ridiculous stat on the number of corners taken since we last scored from one. Since that post it has been in my mind every corner we had. Any takers on a figure?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 22:59:48 »

The highlights are up on STFC player now Jo.

Ir was one hell of a save

Unfortunately I don't have membership for Player, but have now seen it via the sky highlights.

Slight understatement from the commentator 'Foderingham did well to save it'.  Did well?!!! It was an immense save.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #426 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 10:11:27 »

Think the criticism of Thompson was a bit harsh, not the worst mistake and Wes could have done better.

The Flint miss was the worst for me. He could have just stood there and it would have bounced in off him.
Have to agree with all of that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 10:18:15 »

For someone so tall his directional heading ability is lacking somewhat. He could be as good as OST - and look where his goals got us.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 10:20:05 »

I remember someone posting a ridiculous stat on the number of corners taken since we last scored from one. Since that post it has been in my mind every corner we had. Any takers on a figure?

Luke Rooney seemed to be putting in some good deliveries from corners. Maybe he got lots of practice when made to train on his own/with the youths.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 10:34:22 »

Coventry fans pretty gracious on their forum to be fair. They must be sick!

On cloud 9 personally! Smiley

Got to say, I've never seen such a gracious set of fans than Cov's lot that we saw after the game. They must have been gutted to throw away that lead but we must have had 7 or 8 different people come up to us in the bar after the match saying how good we were/that they thought we'd go up etc.

Just a little thing but it was noticeable and gives a bit of a counter to the reported flare ups seen elsewhere.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 10:43:09 »

It flared up in the car park a bit.  Saw a bit of stickwork from the coppers twatting people on the legs.  Seemed inevitable that it would continue out of the coppers sight.

Never knowingly overstated.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 11:24:48 »

Got to say, I've never seen such a gracious set of fans than Cov's lot that we saw after the game. They must have been gutted to throw away that lead but we must have had 7 or 8 different people come up to us in the bar after the match saying how good we were/that they thought we'd go up etc.

Just a little thing but it was noticeable and gives a bit of a counter to the reported flare ups seen elsewhere.

I didn't see any trouble before or after the match. I walked back to the car with Coventry fans and they were all gracious in defeat.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 12:24:05 »

I was certainly close to the car park trouble as I walked through, but wasn't aware of anything else...and didn't meet any nice Coventry fans either!  Had to travel back down the A46/429 at the back of a queue of STFC cars though!
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 16:18:01 »

A Cracking Day Out Grommit!

I'll say one thing about The Ricoh, the stadium helps with the atmosphere. It may have been half full or less but the noise carries really well in there.

A brilliant performance by The town and a well deserved win.

Did anyone else see the way MillWard celebrated with each other after the whistle? It looked like the weight of the world had been lifted from their shoulders.

COYR!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 17:08:29 »

Only just got back to Plymouth so haven't posted but I fucking enjoyed that.

Well worth the money, whoever the chap is who filmed the winning goal and then put the youtube video on private put it on public you tool as I want to watch it again!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: