Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well Then.....  (Read 5539 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 22:33:20 »

Quote from: "richiestfc"
Still my major problem is still the lack of fight, no one seems committed enough.

and why do you think that is king just sits there smoking and he needs to be keeping the players committed and shouting orders at them!have you ever seen any other managers doing the same?does kings tatics work by siting in the stand??is thorpe and curetona waste of space?? Sad

I have just read King's comments on the official site, he says 'Perhaps the decision to play a right footer on the left wasn't a good one in Pook, but I thought his strength would offer us more.'

Did he not play David Duke on the left for 3 seasons?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, August 7, 2005, 07:15:00 »

jack smith is mainly right footed aswell. he is a silly man at times

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
JMH75

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 09:17:35 »

IMO It could have been a lot worse on Saturday considering our current squad situation and the fact that this was the first 'competitive' game that this team had played together.

Excluding Rhys, Ifil, O'hanlon, Jenks there were 7 new players out there playing the first game of the season against Barnsley who are not a bad side and will probably be there abouts come playoff time.

I'm with Mex in as much that although the result was disappointing, the performance by some players (and in parts the team) was pretty encouraging considering that we're currently being tipped as potential relegation strugglers.

In time our 'team' performance will get better and the results will come, although we do need to eradicate the defensive errors to be in with a shout of the play-offs come May.

----------------------

I'm back!

-----------------------
fatbury

« Reply #48 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 09:23:31 »

As i didnt go and only heard it on the radio ... I cant really comment .. but the idea of playing Pook on the left was stupid from the moment I heard it!!

Thorpe sounded like he got in the right places but cant finish .. might come with a few games.

Cureton will be better for missing that pen .. I expect him to go all out to score Tues

Ill be able to comment better on the others once ive seen them on Tues .. but Oldham is gonna be a hard game .. they have a strong squad

PS Hope Michelle Marsh is there !!
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 09:24:37 »

Playing away from home, with a team that doesn't really know each other yet was always going to be a tall order on the opening Saturday.

I am fully expecting a decent performance and a result tommorrow night against Oldham. At home Whalley should get more time to play his football, and that should bring the best out of the rest of the team, two good results at home this week, a bit of confidence and who knows what'll happen.
McLovin

« Reply #50 on: Monday, August 8, 2005, 09:31:20 »

I wish i could be confident, but i can't see us winning for a couple of weeks still, and i fully expect a whole season without a clean sheet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: