Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well Then.....  (Read 5544 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:02:52 »

Then why are you saying half of them should be kicked out of the club?

I was pretty gutted because we did have the chances to get back into the game but couldn't take them, in the first game of the season with no decent pre-season behind us, it doesn't surprise me.

They'll come good.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:04:32 »

I hope you're right Sonic really I do.....
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:06:07 »

It's okay I'm always right.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:07:54 »

Does anyone think King will change it Tuesday?Obviously Migz will come in if fit.Could look something like this Rhys Jenks(RB)Seano Ifil/Collins Smith(LB)Roberts(RM)Migz,Whalley Nicolau(LM)Thorpe Cureo.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:08:28 »

Still my major problem is still the lack of fight, no one seems committed enough.

I reckon only the winning team should get paid, then maybe our players might have a little more fight in them.... Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:10:40 »

I think he will adje. King admitted himself he made a mistake with the lineup, if Stef is fit then he'll definitely be in for Pook. If not, I'd hope he'd put Pook in the middle, bring in Nicolau on the left and put Jenkins at right-back.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:17:34 »

I sometimes wish King  wouldn't say things like that-makes me think he hasn't got a fucking clue!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:18:13 »

What was Ricky like today?
Melksham Red

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:19:18 »

Quote from: "nozza"

Shit. End of
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:22:25 »

I agree.the next lloyd opara maybe Sad I'm willing to give him a chance though.Only played one game so far.

RED ARMY
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:30:41 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
It depresses me how negative some of you are being after one game, especially DV85. You really need to talk to a psychiatrist mate.

That said, I agree with Melksham to an extent - we were pretty shite and King's choice of playing Pook on the wing with Jenkins in the middle was certainly the wrong one, drop Collins (who was a waste of space, I'll agree with that) and put Jenkins back where he belongs and give Nicolau a chance, he's better than Shakes.

I thought Cureton and Thorpe looked lively and were both unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. It certainly didn't help them that the defence refused to pass to the midfield and the midfield refused to use any width, choosing instead to play long balls over the top for the strikers to chase, despite the fact neither of them are terribly quick. Evans kept us in the game and everyone else was average but not terrible.

It's difficult to judge after one game, I'd give it until a least 5 or 6 games before writing anyone off. Shame some of you won't give the players a chance.

Give Collins a chance, every single Wednesday fan seems to rate him highly, he has only played about an hour with the rest of the team before today and many of the others haven't played together much so it is not surprising he wasn't at his best.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:39:42 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
Quote from: "nozza"

Shit. End of

He took on a player and beat him, that's more than most of them managed.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:44:32 »

I'm more dissapointed at you guys getting on the players backs already, it's only been one game.

I only listened on the radio though so I guess you lot are in a better position to judge but I don't think it was as bad as you all make out. Sounded alright apart from Pook on the left/hoofing to the strikers but I think as the team begin to gel things will pick up. Midfield needs to be sorted, maybe Migs & Whalley will do well?? Apparently they were linking up nicely before.

Team for Oldham??

Rhys
Jenkins O'Hanlon Ifil Smith
Shakes Whalley Migs Nicolau
Cureton Thorpe.

Thats not a bad side really, I can't wait for Fallon to get back though as I think he could really be a key player. Roberts sounds like he really isn't interested. Shame, he was great before his injury  Sad

Our coaching needs to be sorted aswell, desperately. Thing is it won't happen. Also our board are complete muppets who know nothing on football. If this season ends with relegation I see the end of STFC. Get behind the lads at Oldham, fucking sing your hearts out they respond to it when you do. *sigh*
richiestfc

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 22:19:17 »

Still my major problem is still the lack of fight, no one seems committed enough.

and why do you think that is king just sits there smoking and he needs to be keeping the players committed and shouting orders at them!have you ever seen any other managers doing the same?does kings tatics work by siting in the stand??is thorpe and curetona waste of space?? Sad
DMR

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 22:22:26 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
jesus cheer up a bit, it was alright, we just didnt take our chances, that will change, by the way nicolau was fuckin ace at crawley so ben you are talking balls

oh dear mate we were shit
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: