Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well Then.....  (Read 5542 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:22:41 »

i'm not jerels biggest fan when it comes to distribution but most of the time he was actually looking forward and TRYING, altho not very precise, to play balls between the centre and fullbacks. he had nothing else to pass to really. jenkins wasn't really in the game and as a result whalley couldn't get any space when he got the ball.

even when we set up for the first centre, then goal kicks we just looked completely lop sided. shakes was trying to hug the touchline but pook drifted in. he didn't look like he wanted to ball most of the time either, let alone close people down.

i liked what i saw of thorpe and curo, they didn't hit it off exactly but there's definitely an understanding of good football between them. intelligent runs and clever passes etc.

daniel nardiello is now my most hated player in this league, fucking ex manure scum. obviously along with that fuck CUNT that walked infront of the stand at 2:10, arrogant rotund dwarf.

all in all pretty poop, BUT if we can persuade king to play a balanced team and work out who can play where (you think he'd know by now) then we'll do well  Smiley

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:23:47 »

I've just got back now :x I'm very dissapointed because I too thought we were bloody awful.I did'nt know what to think of Ifil.On one hand he was a bit crap because he gave the ball away alot but on the other hand he was pretty good and made some brilliant challenges.The rest of them did'nt seem to want it enough and now I'm really not sure on the whole cureton,thorpe partnership.But hey It was the first game of the season,lets give the boys a chance.I think thorpe looked a bit nervous actually,probably cos he knows he is underpressure.
Anyway my first time at barnsley,I thought the ground was VERY nice.
The highlight of my day though was on the way there.We(me and my family) passed a mini bus full of oxford scummers.My dad and older cousin(beefy dude)thought it would be great to get their attention(I was scared but I joined in Oops )so my dad beeped the horn and my cousin stuck his fingers up!they went mental!!!!tryed chucking bottles at me and my sister and two of the feckers put their arses out the window,and trust me it wasnt pretty!but bloody funny!

RED ARMY
Spud

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:25:45 »

Quote from: "bennett"
daniel nardiello is now my most hated player in this league, fucking ex manure scum. obviously along with that fuck CUNT that walked infront of the stand at 2:10, arrogant rotund dwarf.

And he was the cunt who won a penalty at the CG last season after a shocking dive in the box!, CUNT!. :evil:
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:25:45 »

we saw a car with an oxford scarf, so our car decided to do likewise. it mattered not that it was a rover 75 filled with middle age people Cheesy

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:25:55 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
jesus cheer up a bit, it was alright, we just didnt take our chances, that will change, by the way nicolau was fuckin ace at crawley so ben you are talking balls
That was what King said, I guess he was poor against Millwall.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:26:55 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "bennett"

And he was the cunt who won a penalty at the CG last season after a shocking dive in the box!, CUNT!. :evil:

he's just a fucking lump that handles people to the extent that to get near the ball you need to push him a bit, then he falls over etc

reminds me of van nistelrooy when i write it like that, and he's my target for the prem

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Melksham Red

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:28:28 »

I think the defence held up ok considering the midfield gave them no protection whatsoever. Same old story eh.
All our problems are in midfield. They do not protect the back four and are not creative enough going forward.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:32:38 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
I think the defence held up ok considering the midfield gave them no protection whatsoever. Same old story eh.
All our problems are in midfield. They do not protect the back four and are not creative enough going forward.

true fucking story. i've said it for years, even when we were winning last season i never really thought we controlled games too well due to our weak midfield.

i'd be inlcined to say our coaching is not as good as it could be (by a longshot). there never seems to be much improvement, cos they must break down what's gone wrong the match before surely?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:34:25 »

We all say King has a good eye for a player.....so when then is there still this big awful gap in midfield..

We can moan about our defenders distribution, but they shouldnt be the ones to distribute it.....John Terry's hoof balls are probably as crap as Ifils, but Terry has the option to roll it 10 yards to Makelelelelele
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:35:42 »

the latter is the point i was trying to make, in a more good way. i'm very tired

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Nils

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:38:59 »

I thought that Jerel played better today than I once saw Heywood last season. I don't care what people say about his hoofing cos to be fair he had NO OTHER FUCKING OPTIONS. I thought that Rhys was good. Whalley looked ok but then when he had the ball he was swarmed by Barnsley players and had nobody to pass to. Jack Smith was better than Duke any day. I think that if we had put away the penalty the outcome would have been different but it is a big if.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:42:17 »

Quote from: "Nils"
I thought that Jerel played better today than I once saw Heywood last season.

Not true, despite Heywood being a donkey, he is strong in the air....we lacked that today in my opinion.

I don't care what people say about his hoofing cos to be fair he had NO OTHER FUCKING OPTIONS.

Id agree

I thought that Rhys was good. Whalley looked ok but then when he had the ball he was swarmed by Barnsley players and had nobody to pass to.

Again agreed, good player but needs the options

Jack Smith was better than Duke any day.

Disagree, Duke is certainly alot better attacking than Smith

I think that if we had put away the penalty the outcome would have been different but it is a big if.

yeah 2-1 probably
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:50:21 »

How many supporters did we bring roughly?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:55:46 »

It depresses me how negative some of you are being after one game, especially DV85. You really need to talk to a psychiatrist mate.

That said, I agree with Melksham to an extent - we were pretty shite and King's choice of playing Pook on the wing with Jenkins in the middle was certainly the wrong one, drop Collins (who was a waste of space, I'll agree with that) and put Jenkins back where he belongs and give Nicolau a chance, he's better than Shakes.

I thought Cureton and Thorpe looked lively and were both unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. It certainly didn't help them that the defence refused to pass to the midfield and the midfield refused to use any width, choosing instead to play long balls over the top for the strikers to chase, despite the fact neither of them are terribly quick. Evans kept us in the game and everyone else was average but not terrible.

It's difficult to judge after one game, I'd give it until a least 5 or 6 games before writing anyone off. Shame some of you won't give the players a chance.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 21:00:53 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
It depresses me how negative some of you are being after one game, especially DV85. You really need to talk to a psychiatrist mate.

I do....he said we were shite as well....

I'm certainly not judging after one game, I will cheer them onto the pitch all over again on Tuesday and all the games after that.

However as a paying fan I expect a little more fight & I dont believe that performance was good enough. I think our players are better than what they showed today
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: