Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well Then.....  (Read 5538 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:41:43 »

....to sum it up that was fucking awful....

Just dreadful, come on then you positive people, you moan that us pesimists are too negative, well find we one positive about todays performance, because I thought it was awful....

Rhys Evans had a good game, saved every thing he had a chance with...

Patrick Collins unfit waste of space...send him back

Ifil unlucky for the first goal, was having his shirt pulled something rotten....good recovery skills, sadly most of them are from his own mistakes

O'Hanlon not his usual self today

Smith...would have perfered Duke tbh

Shakes heard good things about him pre-season, thought he was awful

Whalley looked good wants to get the ball down and pass shame no one else was on his wave length

Jenks...NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDER...

Pook...fucking awful...why play him on the left wing when we have two people, even at a push three people who can play left wing on the bench

Thorpe......not alot of service

Cureton......wouldnt have scored if we were still playing tonight

Roberts, uninterested, unfit....get rid

Awful performance, too much aimless hoof ball still and even worse hoof ball to sodding midgets. That was the difference, we hoofed it the Barnsley defenders won it, they hoofed it and their strikers managed to get the ball and bring it down. Only Whalley lookeds like he knew how the ball a bloody football....

If we perform like that for the rest of the season I cant see many wins.....truely awful

I know what to make too much on this point, but it was clear to see we missed the Parkin factor, a game like that we would have drawn last season because being out played and being shit we always had Parkin who was more than capable of a bit of magic to rescuse us and give the whole team a lift....

Usless....our team didnt even look like the cared, infact I expect after the 2nd went in the started planning where to go out to tonight... :roll:

So come on you optimistic people.....tell me what was good about today....apart from sweet fuck all

On a side note

Forumwatch: Today I spotted.....Dave Blackcurrent, Kinky Tom, Marie, Dex (I think) and Spencer White (again I think)

to sum up

FUCKING AWFUL
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:44:49 »

Thanks for your overwhelmingly reassuring post!

All I can say is that I hope it is down to the fact this team has not played together.

Shakes is highly rated so maybe will come good, we all hope we get that new CM soon, and Smith will hopefully prove to us why people think he's a good player.
STFC Village

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:46:16 »

Quote from: "DV85
There's a positive in your post you mong :roll:
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:46:17 »

Did Shakes play on the right wing/ right of midfield?

Why in god's name did King play Pook on the left wing? :-))(

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:47:38 »

Perhaps he was thinking Nicolau would have made the side too attacking? Only reason I can think of.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:50:34 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Perhaps he was thinking Nicolau would have made the side too attacking? Only reason I can think of.

Surely Andy Nicholas would have done a better job than Pook in that position if he didn't want to make the side too attacking?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:51:53 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Quote from: "DV85"
There's a positive in your post you mong :roll:

but we already knew Rhys was good...

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
Did Shakes play on the right wing/ right of midfield?

Why in god's name did King play Pook on the left wing? :-))(

Shakes played right wing....

Fuck knows why King played Pook on the left with Roberts, Nicolau and Nicholas sitting on the bench, another classic King thing
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:52:22 »

A well reasoned piece.....apart from the Parkin bit.....we were fairly dreadful away from home last season and SSP I think only scored 4 goals.

It took us 24 matches last season to lose by more than a goal......

I think most sane fans have realised that we're in for a struggle this season, so today was hardly a surprise.....Fallon is the key man...Thorpe and Cureton can't play together too lightweight.....nil point by this time next week aned the knives will be sharpened for King.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:53:22 »

Well i thought we were alright, rhys was excellent, ifil was shite, and we passed the ball around better than last season until ifil started hoofing it, the difference3 was they took their chances we didnt.

i feel slightly reassured after today, certainly better than crawley, and shakes could be ace.

tef out in force, sonic yeovil, whits sussex,jmh,kinkytom davem russell,and i met gary stanley and shook his hand!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:56:54 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
A well reasoned piece.....apart from the Parkin bit.....we were fairly dreadful away from home last season and SSP I think only scored 4 goals.

If we were still playing now I think Cureton still wouldnt have scored, we managed to miss a penalty, a penalty rebound, two keeperless goals(with defenders) and Cureton (although offside) missed a great big open goal from a yard out....

Dare I say it but Parkin would have taken some of those chances.... Crying well in my opinion anyway...but he's in the past....I dont want to dwell but as I said the other day his loss will impact us more than most expect
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:57:33 »

We played Pook on left wing because Roberts doesn't want to play there, Nicolau was poor in pre-season and Nicholas was worse and Pook is less lightweight than Nicolau.  However King admitted this turned out to be a mistake.
Melksham Red

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:57:36 »

Disagree Mex. We were shite. I was optimistic before the game now I am shitting it. The only plus point was that Rhys had a good game.

We need a midfield because without it we're fucked. Barnsley are an average side. A good side would have destroyed us today.

Still, it's only the first game. As I said in a previous post, the season starts on Tuesday.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:59:55 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
We played Pook on left wing because Roberts doesn't want to play there, Nicolau was poor in pre-season and Nicholas was worse and Pook is less lightweight than Nicolau.  However King admitted this turned out to be a mistake.

Did King really expect it to turn out to be anything other than a mistake....with the 11 he picked he should have gone 3-5-2 with Jenks and Smith as wing backs

Worst thing was, at the end the players didnt even seem to care.....
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:05:43 »

jesus cheer up a bit, it was alright, we just didnt take our chances, that will change, by the way nicolau was fuckin ace at crawley so ben you are talking balls
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:06:52 »

That was what worried me listening on the radio.
Why is it that King's teams never want it? Surely he must be able to stress the importance of DESIRE?!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: