Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Squad Value  (Read 5053 times)
DRS

« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:55:43 »

I would have sold one of the remaining players than take the poor fee for Richie if that is the case.
None of them were 400k cash up front though.Muff actually offered a much higher bid but in installments.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 16:10:12 »

Sale value is contingent on contract situation...we've a number out of contract in the summer, a fact that has been overlooked in the recent mayhem....so other clubs may well pick up our better players for free.

Bit of research shows these are the aforementioned players...Alan McCormack, Simon Ferry, Nathan Thompson, Aden Flint, Joe Devera, Raffa De Vita, Tommy Miller and Miles Storey. Don't think Louis Thompson has been offered a deal yet either.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 4, 2013, 16:40:59 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 16:22:54 »

Apparently Tim Sherwood was seen at Coventry Saturday. That's the 2nd consecutive match of ours in a row he's been at.

Snooping around for Wes, perhaps?
phelpsieboy

« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 16:36:56 »

Apparently Tim Sherwood was seen at Coventry Saturday. That's the 2nd consecutive match of ours in a row he's been at.

Snooping around for Wes, perhaps?
He's friends with someone on the board, gospel of Sam said.
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 16:46:38 »

Ah yeah, I remember now.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 17:09:37 »

I think in terms of age/potential Foderingham has to be the highest valued player I would have thought as the bloke is excellent
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 17:12:10 »

Foderingham could fetch us a decent 500k fee with additional add ons.

Ferry is of course a quality player but because his contract is up in the summer he's worth nothing.

I think I'd accept 300k for any of our other players.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 17:51:22 »

Collins may well attract a bit of a premium simply because of his age, two season hitting double digits and beyond in goals and his background suggesting there is more to him than League One.

Is Ferry still not covered by his age?  I know in a tribunal that'll be diminished, but I suppose in Jan someone may have paid a little more to guarantee his name (if they were interested).

Caddis could be worth a few bob, especially no he has more than a year to go and obstacle to him being here is gone (even if he doesn't want to return).

Fodderingham is building up a good reputation.

Williams may hit 6 figures in value I suppose, again based showing he can perform to a degree for more than one season in the front man role.  I remember seeing him for Hereford against us and he looked like he'd be worth something back then.

Then there are probably a couple of youths that higher teams may pay a premium on the just in case approach they seem to take.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: