Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnsley - Swindon Match Day Thread  (Read 10972 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:13:00 »

Yeah lets be positive!!!

COME ON YOU RRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:13:42 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
King said in the radio interview after the match that he tells them on the training ground not to do long balls and they practise passing etc, yet when the match comes they do the long ball sometimes, and as he said there's not a lot in the game he can do about that.

First game, we weren't brilliant, but Barnsley weren't that much better. If only Cureton's penalty went in. And Ifil has got to start cutting out the mistakes soon, there's just too many.

So the players ignore our manager then? That sounds like a wonderful motivational tool our great manager has in his armoury!  Soapy Tit Wank

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:24:22 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I hate Swindon fans sometimes, I really do.

ITS ONE GAME. FFS. GIVE THEM TIME.
It's not all doom and gloom, from everything I've heard we weren't bad at all. Not good either but hey at least we aint bad.

Absolutely true. Some of our fans are very frustrating. Anyone remember that guy who threw his season ticket on the pitch when we were 3-0 down against sheffield wednesday two seasons ago must have felt a bit stupid, when we just missed out on promotion. :ha:
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:29:03 »

well, so i don't know anything about how well we played, but shame to lose the opening game obviously!

penalty miss just probably added to the frustration!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:29:36 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I hate Swindon fans sometimes, I really do.

ITS ONE GAME. FFS. GIVE THEM TIME.
It's not all doom and gloom, from everything I've heard we weren't bad at all. Not good either but hey at least we aint bad.

Absolutely true. Some of our fans are very frustrating. Anyone remember that guy who threw his season ticket on the pitch when we were 3-0 down against sheffield wednesday two seasons ago must have felt a bit stupid, when we just missed out on promotion. :ha:

90% of Football fans are fickle

What a wonderful use of alliteration!!  Tongue

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:35:24 »

Impressive, Mr Jock.

WE ARE GOING UP*

*note, I don't think we will go up, just trying to liven up the mood.
Melksham Red

« Reply #111 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:36:47 »

Write this game off. We were shocking. No positives to take take from it at all IMO. We were shite. Well beaten by a mediocre, ten man Barnsley. A good side would have got 6.

Our season starts Tuesday (I hope)

If anyone disagrees they must have been watching a different game. We are crying out for that midfield ball winning hard man I tell you.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:38:57 »

Impressive, Mr Jock.

WE ARE GOING UP*

*note, I don't think we will go up, just trying to liven up the mood.

Oi, less of the Jock young man!  :evil:

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 19:39:26 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
Write this game off. We were shocking. No positives to take take from it at all IMO. We were shite. Well beaten by a mediocre, ten man Barnsley. A good side would have got 6.

If anyone disagrees they must have been watching a different game. We are crying out for that midfield ball winning hard man I tell you.

Who was our best player? :roll:

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:02:15 »

Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "adje"
33 mins against 10 men with 3 up frront and we couldn't score-that's worrying.
What should worry you more is that Barnsley with 10 men ran rings round our defence.

They should never have got the ball back but somehow Ifil was given the role of ball distributor from the back and he continued to give it away 9 times out of ten, as he had done all game

King should tell him never to pass the ball more than 10 metres left or right. He should also tell the others never to give Ifil the ball. We'll have a chance then.

It's going to be a lonnnnnggggg season. Crying

Ifil was only ball distributor because he was the only one getting it off the barnsley players to start with
Spud

« Reply #115 on: Saturday, August 6, 2005, 20:08:03 »

Im pissed off that we lost but its only the first game of the season people, roll on Tuesday when we can sing our hearts out to spur the lads onto 3 points. Wink
Melksham Red

« Reply #116 on: Sunday, August 7, 2005, 08:56:54 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"

Shaun O'hanlon or Jerel Ifil. Why, who did Ed Hadwin think was?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, August 7, 2005, 08:58:16 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"

Shaun O'hanlon. Why, who did Ed Hadwin think was?

I dunno, I can't get Radio Swindon or Wiltshire sound so that was why I asked! :?

Melksham Red

« Reply #118 on: Sunday, August 7, 2005, 08:59:22 »

I just wondered why the eye rolling?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, August 7, 2005, 09:04:35 »

From the reports from various folk it sounded like we were utter tripe. I just wondered if anyone stood out.

I tend to use the smily faces a lot, maybe I should cut down!  Oops

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: