Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forum spazzness  (Read 12724 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 12:19:49 »

When accessing the forum from my work laptop, I get one of those keyword forms to complete to ensure I'm not a 'bot. Underneath it explains that my computer is infected and it won't let me in until the computer has been 'cleaned'.

All looks very amateurish so assume its bullshit but is anyone else seeing the same?

Works fine from my iPhone.
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 12:38:57 »

Fine for me. On phone and PC.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 13:15:48 »

When accessing the forum from my work laptop, I get one of those keyword forms to complete to ensure I'm not a 'bot. Underneath it explains that my computer is infected and it won't let me in until the computer has been 'cleaned'.

All looks very amateurish so assume its bullshit but is anyone else seeing the same?

Works fine from my iPhone.
I had it all day a couple of weeks ago, said I had to fill in a form but that wouldn't send anyway!!  Tried it next morning, worked fine.  Something to do with the cloud technology I think, which considering I only just about know how to switch the bloody computer on means nothing to me!!
Barry Scott

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 13:03:27 »

Does it keeping fucking up at the moment? It seems to keep having a hissy fit, but I'm not sure if it's just me as my connection's busy.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 13:13:22 »

Ok today so far but yesterday could not get on for ages, kept coming up with error try live version or something like that, could be something I'm doing I guess?
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 22:54:54 »

Right, new server and all seems well. Hopefully this'll make the site less temperamental. Time will tell.

Any problems or errors, let me know.

Thanks. x
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 22:57:59 »

Anyone know why the forum won't work on tapatalk? Used to be working but for months it says forum has restricted access and won't open it
Barry Scott

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 23:04:10 »

Has this happened in the last hour?

Edit: Just checked. Tapatalk is working fine, at least form the forum's end. It's likely tapatalk and you probably need to delete the app, and all data, and reinstall.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=50124.0
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 23:10:09 »

No problems with Tapatalk here
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 23:23:01 »

Anyone know why the forum won't work on tapatalk? Used to be working but for months it says forum has restricted access and won't open it

Had this before on my iPhone, had to delete App and re download, worked fine again after that.

Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 14:18:55 »

Doesn't appear to have been any downtime or any problems since moving server, and the TEF seems fast as fuck.

Anyway, I'm taking the site offline later (not sure what time yet, some time after 18:00, but likely much later) for a backup, tweak and downgrade. It could be offline for a few hours depending on how well it goes. Or I might decide to not bother.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 14:50:32 »

Doesn't appear to have been any downtime or any problems since moving server, and the TEF seems fast as fuck.

Anyway, I'm taking the site offline later (not sure what time yet, some time after 18:00, but likely much later) for a backup, tweak and downgrade. It could be offline for a few hours depending on how well it goes. Or I might decide to not bother.

Tweak and downgrade..... that's all a bit new board isn't it - asset stripper.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 16:03:43 »

Tweak and downgrade..... that's all a bit new board isn't it - asset stripper.

Too fuckin' right.

Barry out!
Barry Scott

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 17:24:28 »

Was offline, now back and should be good. Any probs please post.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 09:30:09 »

Was offline, now back and should be good. Any probs please post.

My back is quite sore today, any tips?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: