Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why can't we beat shit teams?  (Read 2592 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 30, 2004, 18:04:22 »

We have taken more points off the 9 teams above us than we have off the 14 teams below us!

And why have so many teams near the top conceeded 33 goals?!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 30, 2004, 18:14:57 »

swindon have done it for the last few seasons, think its because we just assumed the easy games are easy, but you still have to play decent football.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 30, 2004, 18:50:09 »

Johno, although I haven't checked it, I think last season we did generally do quite well against the deadmen.....doubled Wycombe Grimsby and Notts.

Lost to Rand D, but that was when they still had their players manager etc.

What appears to be good form against those above us is skewed by the fact we've played most of them at home and very few away....for this reason the two away in Yorkshire will really show if this season has anything other than the LDV left.
Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 30, 2004, 20:40:49 »

But we beat city  Soapy Tit Wank
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 31, 2004, 17:21:21 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Johno, although I haven't checked it, I think last season we did generally do quite well against the deadmen.....doubled Wycombe Grimsby and Notts.

Lost to Rand D, but that was when they still had their players manager etc.

What appears to be good form against those above us is skewed by the fact we've played most of them at home and very few away....for this reason the two away in Yorkshire will really show if this season has anything other than the LDV left.
Fair point I suppose. We did play Bradford, Hull and H'pool at home.

Having said that we scored 8 against these teams, and 7 against Blackpool, Franchise, Stockport and Wrexham. (these may not be the bottom 4 but Im doing it off the top of my head).
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 31, 2004, 17:23:01 »

i remember two seasons ago i think.. we lost to cheltenham twice, wycombe once.. and lost to the other two teams that went down at least once?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 20:12:30 »

mansfield and northampton  Sad

officially blacker than the night.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: