Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 163035 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:43:10 »

They sounded nervous to me. Right up until the point where cunty wilts radio switched it off.

is it just me who wants to start a hate campaign about this?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:43:49 »

What does the Fit & Proper test consist of? Is it in-depth enough to allay any fears regarding the anonymous backers?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:44:09 »

Maybe in the spirit of the "managers we don't want" thread, we could have a "people who definitely aren't investing in Town" thread?
Flashheart

« Reply #183 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:44:10 »

is it just me who wants to start a hate campaign about this?

Nope
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:45:58 »

What does the Fit & Proper test consist of? Is it in-depth enough to allay any fears regarding the anonymous backers?
No. It's largely a self-certification process of saying that you're not a disqualified director, etc etc. A bit like those visa applications where you have to declare that you're not a terrorist, Nazi War Criminal, or intending to let off biological or nuclear weapons during your stay.
moredonboy

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:47:13 »

OK woolster agree that we would be in Admin now if this takeover (pushover) hadn't got done.

I just hope that we (as Jed would say) can make it work - if we can't just hope we don't get Double Admin if that is possible?

I have joined The Trust and will be rooting like hell for the team.

Huh?
Flashheart

« Reply #186 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:48:47 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
One on ones reveal plenty of interesting ideas and real substance to takeover. All there for you to read in tomorrow's @swindonadver
Expand   Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:51:35 »

I dont know weather to laugh or cry .....

Does anyone think Jed's cheery man of people persona will involve him not wating to upset the team so a win tomorrow will result in him giving Miller/Ward the job on an ongoing basis?

He didnt seem to know a lot about much. Like they have taken the gig and intend on running on a 'see how we go' basis!
This is exactly how I see it. Did I hear right  at the beginning of the press conference, when asked if he was taking over from Sir William Patey as chairman, Jed said " Yes, it seems that way " Rock paper scissors spring to mind !
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:55:50 »

One on ones reveal plenty of interesting ideas and real substance to takeover. All there for you to read in tomorrow's @swindonadver
Ha ha nice teaser. We'll have to wait and see then. Hope there is, as promised, "real substance", would be very happy to read that. And something to put, erm, real substance behind that assertion
Flashheart

« Reply #189 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:57:51 »

Fucking hope so Paul.

I'm as disappointed as the next man at the press conference. Was really hoping a lot more would be revealed.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:58:16 »

Interesting.  You have to wonder why they saved this for the one on one interviews with Sam...unless this is just a cunning ploy by Sam to sell more newspapers.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:59:44 »

I've got a lot of faith in Sam getting answers and putting the right pressure on the board etc.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 16:03:25 »

I understand certain frustrations, but even when Fitton took over Black & Arbib weren't "revealed" for a month or so.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 16:05:28 »

Adver Feed .... "Very slick and smooth press conference thus far".

It must have improved significantly after the radio feed was cut.

Let's hope that Sam's one on one interviews were more revealing and promising to the fans.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 16:06:07 »

I understand certain frustrations, but even when Fitton took over Black & Arbib weren't "revealed" for a month or so.
And if that's the pattern that's going to be followed here, fine, all well and good. But if the intent is to say "We've said they wish to remain anonymous and that's that" then that would be something that should be viewed as a major cause for concern IMO. Guess we'll have to wait and see, not much we can do about it at the moment anyway
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: