Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: James Collins  (Read 9038 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:21:22 »

Comment from jackyt87

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/82804/james-collins

We hate Swindon!!!!!!! Dirty cheating barstewards!!!!

-----------------

In a new incarnation you'd fall at our feet salivating to follow our club, you wretched imbecile. You will never have our legacy and our bright future. Good luck with your mundane, lower league plodding future.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:38:49 »

do we owe them money or not-Im getting worried/confused.If we do why are we not in trouble?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:42:17 »

do we owe them money or not-Im getting worried/confused.If we do why are we not in trouble?

ADJE, if this is untrue, I think the club need to consider charging Mr Turner with slander. He is bringing our club into disrepute. Effectively, any future transfers could be hindered by these comments- we're being labelled as reneging upon our obligations.

Mr Turner, think before you speak.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:44:05 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:45:27 »

This is what Graham Turner has written in today's programme notes-

The resignation of Paolo Di Canio and his staff from Swindon at a time when they have gone top of the table has brought plenty of media attention to the situation. While not disputing their right as a team to be league leaders - they certainly have a good squad of players - the way it has been achieved for me is totally wrong. They have signed players who they clearly could not afford resulting in them going close to administration, but only the prospect of a last minute takeover saved them from a third insolvency event. How they run their club is up to them and clearly Paolo Di Canio did an excellent job there, however their lack of good business practice impacts on others.
Our own involvement and why the situation bugs me is that they owe us money for the transfer of James Collins. They are over a month later with their payment and we have no indication of when it might be paid. The Football League cannot or will not come to our aid in our efforts to receive payment. We even made an effort in the transfer window to buy James back and, although the amount owed will not put too great a strain on our cash flow, perhaps others who are owed money are not in such a fortunate position. It is not a level playing field when one club can top the league table with players they can't afford while others strive to live within their means but are then perhaps accused of lacking ambition.

This troubles me. My understanding was that the Collins fee decided by the tribunal had to be paid UPFRONT and that this was the reason we went into embargo. I'm certain the club were on record at the time stating that this was the case.

So either the club lied about that at the time, which seems unlikely - I'd be absolutely stunned if the FL had cleared the takeover whilst we still owed another club money for fees set by an FL tribunal - or Turner is a bitter old bullshitting cunt who in an attempt to suck up to their fans and deflect from his own shortcomings has knowingly and deliberately sought to tarnish our reputation.

If it's the latter then the club should be made aware of it and should sue the fucker for defamation.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:50:29 »

I thought we had to pay more after Collins played x amount of games, which he passed when he played vs Crawley?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:53:39 »

Brilliant post Manc Red Yes

The club need to look into this. Mr Turner has gone on the record in today's programme notes of accusing us of not being financially responsible, worse still, that we are withholding due payment. It's there in black and white. I don't want to cause the guy ill health, but think before you make flippant comments that could cause our club to be regarded in very bad faith in the football fraternity.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:55:34 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:03:34 »

Turner's still bitter about the non 'penalty' last season.

He's got a massive chip on his shoulder.

If we were due them a payment, and we are late, there is no doubt the FL would put an embargo on us quicker than Usain Bolt runs the 100m.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:17:29 »

I thought we had to pay more after Collins played x amount of games, which he passed when he played vs Crawley?

Yes that makes more sense, and he did say the money wouldn't affect Shrews cash flow so it has to be under £5 rather than the tribunal fee.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:22:02 »

Yes, from Shrewsbury's own OS
James Collins - Shrewsbury Town to Swindon Town

The PFCC decided that Swindon Town should pay Shrewsbury Town an initial compensation fee of £140,000

Additionally, Swindon Town are to pay Shrewsbury Town a further £20,000 after the player has made 15, 30, 45 and 60 appearances i.e. a total further payment of £80,000

Swindon Town should also pay Shrewsbury Town 20% of any profit made by Swindon Town in selling the player to another club at any point in the future

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/20sept12-james-collins-tribunal-379793.aspx

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:23:41 »

On the basis the takeover was held up due some money being owed in relation to a loan player, I'd be very surprised if we owed money for Collins as it would have been uncovered at the same time?

If it is in relation to number of appearances, it may be a genuine oversight.  Let's be honest, there's been quite a lot going on since the Crawley game.

The fact that Graham Turner has felt the need to write in the Shrewsbury programme about us is incredibly sad and pathetic and uprofessional.  As others have said, it's also quite defamatory.  I hope he finds himself in trouble over it, stupid old tosspot.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 23:12:23 by joteddyred » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:43:55 »

Be fair here, guys, Turner is in desperate need of £20,000 for his monkey gland treatment.

He is 103 FFS
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:48:39 »

Quote from  KL8

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/82804/james-collins

Good man.

Hope Swindon go bust.

------------------------

What have you ever fucking done? Ross McClaren, Chic Bates and James Collins went in our direction, and you got Austin Berkeley in return! Sums you lame fuckers up. You'll never amount to us. 

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:50:34 »

Why are you posting responses to them on this forum? It's highly unlikely they'll read it. Perhaps you could try aiming your responses to those you're responding to?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:52:17 »

What is it with these clubs being obsessed with us? All rather amusing.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:56:57 »

Why are you posting responses to them on this forum? It's highly unlikely they'll read it. Perhaps you could try aiming your responses to those you're responding to?

SonicYouth, they are definately watching. They've done it before and had a war of words. I am contacting Swindon Town asap regarding Mr Turner's remarks today. He can't be allowed to make unfounded accusations. I have apologised about Bradley Wiggins so I am not being hippocritical. I was out of order.

All the best.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: