Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Preston North End FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36130 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:01:27 »

Just realised we averaged more last year than we did in the PO season under Wilson in a higher division.
yet we averaged more in our relegation season than we did in either the PO season or last season
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:02:11 »

Anyone know this years average att?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #347 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:02:41 »

yet we averaged more in our relegation season than we did in either the PO season or last season
Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument SY.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:03:15 »

Yeah, expectation was high that year. We sold quite a lot of season tickets.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:07:37 »

Anyone know this years average att?

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:25:44 »

Yeah, expectation was high that year. We sold quite a lot of season tickets.
My memory might not be great but didn't the club push the season tickets prior to the play-off final and prices were geared towards early purchases?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:27:12 »

My memory might not be great but didn't the club push the season tickets prior to the play-off final and prices were geared towards early purchases?

I think so. I think that year they had the cheaper 249 priced ST too.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:31:10 »

sounds about right, I nearly bought a ST that year but didn't as I moved away.

The biggest challenge for STFC is getting people from Swindon interested. Purely speculation on my behalf here but I can't imagine there are that many league clubs who have such a high percentage of hardcore fans who come from outside of the town.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #353 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:50:59 »

sounds about right, I nearly bought a ST that year but didn't as I moved away.

The biggest challenge for STFC is getting people from Swindon interested. Purely speculation on my behalf here but I can't imagine there are that many league clubs who have such a high percentage of hardcore fans who come from outside of the town.

Based on what? Everyone I go to football with is from Swindon and lives in Swindon.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:57:13 »

Out of everyone I've got to know through football over the years, I'm struggling to think of a single person who now lives in Swindon.  Just about everywhere but!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #355 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:58:31 »

Out of everyone I've got to know through football over the years, I'm struggling to think of a single person who now lives in Swindon.  Just about everywhere but!
I would say that for me too the majority of Town fans I know do not live in Swindon any more.

And most of those that do still live there pick and choose their games or do not bother going any more even though they are still interested in whats going on and results.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:00:38 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #356 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:59:36 »

Because you are both from out of town maybe? I could reel of a list of 30 people who live in Swindon and support the town. I know hardly any out-of-towners.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:00:03 »

Based on what? Everyone I go to football with is from Swindon and lives in Swindon.

There are Jay.

Because Swindon are the only professional club in Wiltshire, the potential is there if/when we can get the redevelopment going.

I don't know too much about it but could the club do more to attract fans from further afield?  
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:05:36 »

I don't know too much about it but could the club do more to attract fans from further afield?  

I doubt it.  A common thread amongst almost all of the people I know is that, while they don't live in or around Swindon now, almost all of them used to.  There are a few who have pretty much a zero connection with the town (other than a relative etc. who took them to games as a child) and, for example, would get completely lost if they veered off their usual route to/from the ground - but they're in a minority.

You can't market the Club outside of the local area, and nor should you.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:55:38 »

as I said, it is purely speculation based on my personal experience.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: