Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Call me a cunt...  (Read 5753 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:00:21 »

From BBC Gossip:
Wouldn't surprise me if he did turn up but just can't see how he can return.

Full story

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paolo-di-canio-considers-sitting-1725800#.USgDBZUbolU.facebook

Would love this to happen. The soap opera continues!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:07:01 »

I'd buy him a beer. I'd even have him back.

Still pissed off with him walking away, and not impressed with any side in the he said/she said squabbles in the press/twitter, but he got us where we are today. He can take us up.

Its just paper talk though.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:07:40 »

I'd still have him back. The bloke's madder than a box of frogs, but our best chance of automatic promotion is with him. What's the old saying? 'Better the batshit mentalist you know....'

It's All Good..............
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:10:26 »

It is paper talk but it'd be a great twist to proceedings if he turned up to watch the match. Town's nothing but entertaining.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:14:22 »

Would the Town End faithful hug him or lamp him after this week?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:19:19 »

Fans are fickle, him turning up in his own time would put him back in favour with the Town End faithful.

Don't think he's done much wrong this week. Personally I don't like the way he's gone without a final farewell, he's spent a lot, but achieved a lot. Like most things in life it's not the cheap option you want, sometimes you spend more than you'd like but if it's value for money it's money well spent, and PDC was definitely value for money.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:19:35 »

I really hope that doesn't happen. It wouldn't be right and don't think it would necessarily have a positive effect on the team as all the focus would be on Di Canio (wouldn't he just hate that?  Roll Eyes)

My guess is that if it was down to Di Canio, he may well do it but think Phil Spencer would talk some sense into him. Some times you just have to move on.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:21:12 »

Fans are fickle, him turning up in his own time would put him back in favour with the Town End faithful.

Don't think he's done much wrong this week. Personally I don't like the way he's gone without a final farewell, he's spent a lot, but achieved a lot. Like most things in life it's not the cheap option you want, sometimes you spend more than you'd like but if it's value for money it's money well spent, and PDC was definitely value for money.
I would not necessarily describe taking the Club to a point where potentially, administration was a very real possibility as value for money.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:25:31 »

Not Paolo's problem. He's here to do a job, which he did. If the board don't have the balls to control their manager that's a board issue.

Dennis Wise was exactly the same, he spent money like it was going out of fashion, on training, top class food even, and the board agreed to pick up the bill, when they should have had words.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:41:57 »

Not Paolo's problem. He's here to do a job, which he did. If the board don't have the balls to control their manager that's a board issue.

Dennis Wise was exactly the same, he spent money like it was going out of fashion, on training, top class food even, and the board agreed to pick up the bill, when they should have had words.

But my point is, had things gone slightly differently i.e. had Andrew Black been somewhat more belligerent and said 'fuck the Club, I want my money', we could now be looking at a 30 point deduction or maybe even expulsion from the League. I can't see how that equates to 'value for money'.

Yes, as fans we had a great time and loved every minute of it but would it have all been worth it if we had ended up in the Evostik League South Western Division playing local derbies against Supermarine and Hungerford? Would that have represented good value for money? It could have happened.
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:46:27 »

But my point is, had things gone slightly differently i.e. had Andrew Black been somewhat more belligerent and said 'fuck the Club, I want my money', we could now be looking at a 30 point deduction or maybe even expulsion from the League. I can't see how that equates to 'value for money'.

Yes, as fans we had a great time and loved every minute of it but would it have all been worth it if we had ended up in the Evostik League South Western Division playing local derbies against Supermarine and Hungerford? Would that have represented good value for money? It could have happened.

How exactly is that Paolo`s problem?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:49:16 »

Of course not OST that's my point over value for money. If you invest in a fund with a charge of 2% but returns are 10% well that's better than a fund with a 0.5% cost which only returns 3%.

Either by luck or sheer hard work Di Canio got results, our problem, like a lot of clubs is when you rely on one 'money man' when he wants out you have to hope you can find a buyer. Chelsea (on a different level) are in the same boat.

If we'd ended up bottom half L2 or worse then clearly that would not have been vfm.

I should caveat the above to say excluding all other factors fund wise, otherwise Sam will come on here talking about volatilty etc.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:53:49 by janaage » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:57:13 »

How exactly is that Paolo`s problem?
Unless I am very much mistaken, he was the one spending Andrew Black's money.

I see your point Jan. It could have gone very, very wrong but didn't - just. Thank God.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:08:47 »

I support swindon, not Paolo Di Canio

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:13:26 »

Unless I am very much mistaken, he was the one spending Andrew Black's money.

I see your point Jan. It could have gone very, very wrong but didn't - just. Thank God.

What, spending Black`s money without anyone's knowledge? I'm sure you're not stupid enough to believe that? 
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: