Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andrew Black breaks his silence  (Read 24382 times)
kerry red

« Reply #210 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 14:11:54 »

So, according to Black's tweets, Paolo et al knew all about the imminent sale of Ritchie and wasn't kept in the dark at all - albeit they weren't happy about it.

I do tend to agree with him when he said the new owners are probably better off sans PdC and being able to pick their own manager.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 14:22:17 »

So, according to Black's tweets, Paolo et al knew all about the imminent sale of Ritchie and wasn't kept in the dark at all - albeit they weren't happy about it.

Reckon Paolo knew about the financial problems, that they needed to raise cash and that Ritchie could be sold as a result.

Guess he wasn't told when it actually happened though, hence his claims of not knowing anything about it until Ritchie called are technically true but not the whole story.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 14:27:52 »

Considering he's a businessman and was pumping a lot of money into the club, it seems rather strange that Black appeared to be so distanced from what was actually being spent etc?

The whole I'm not going to be the owner, so not interested in looking at your new contract is a bit odd as well.  He must have okayed it in the end when the sale fell through and it was clear he was still going to be the owner?  Also, how on earth did an earlier sale that appears to have got right down to FL approval remain completely secret?

There's still an awul lot of unanswered questions and a lot of he says, she says going on.  I doubt we'll ever fully know the truth, but somebody somewhere is certainly not being completely honest.  I'm just not sure who it is.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 14:59:41 »

For one of PDCs post match interviews im 99.9% sure he mentioned maybe having to sacrifice someone. I think the issue as PDC sees it was that he was later told they wouldn't have to sell, and when they did that they didn't inform Paolo.

To be honest, if it is as PDC says he has a point in this particular instances.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 15:01:01 »

Reckon Paolo knew about the financial problems, that they needed to raise cash and that Ritchie could be sold as a result.

Guess he wasn't told when it actually happened though, hence his claims of not knowing anything about it until Ritchie called are technically true but not the whole story.

Surely we know he knew about the problems, because he admitted as much in early January when he said it might be necessary to sacrifice a player for the good of the club.  We all took that to mean Aden Flint, who would never have raised the kind of money needed.... It still does not excuse 'the board' IF he only heard about Ritchie's sale from Ritchie himself, but he knew and he was going to do everything in his power to prevent it.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 15:24:54 »

The whole I'm not going to be the owner, so not interested in looking at your new contract is a bit odd as well.  He must have okayed it in the end when the sale fell through and it was clear he was still going to be the owner?  Also, how on earth did an earlier sale that appears to have got right down to FL approval remain completely secret?

Perhaps because the club being for sale wasn't common knowledge at the time? Had AB announced his desire to get out by then?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: