Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andrew Black breaks his silence  (Read 25092 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #90 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:36:54 »

A coincidence in AB leaving us on a knife edge and the daily Mail releasing their story shortly after?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:41:12 »

If he only met PDC a couple of times whilst bank rolling the Club then this unbelievable.

Imagine the Boardroom Meeting.

"Right Jeremy lets talk about the Budget".

"Err we're just slightly off target".

"OK, we better call Andrew"......ring ring........"The Budget Andrew, we're quids in and we want to sign a Czeh international,"

"How much ?"

"Don't know but Paolo wants him."

"OK as long as we're under Budget sign him on."

"Where are we in the League ?"

"Doing very well......we are top"

Like Mr Grace .....Are you being served....."You're all doing very well"

"Thank you Mr Black, speak soon"

"bye"

"Right Nick you require 180".

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:41:44 »

He sounds like a bit of a pushover. He effectively said that he never really wanted to buy into the club and definitely never bought into Fitton's 3 year plan. In the end it's cost him a shit load of money and a few lost friendships.

I actually feel a bit sorry for him.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:43:07 »

He sounds like a bit of a pushover. He effectively said that he never really wanted to buy into the club and definitely never bought into Fitton's 3 year plan. In the end it's cost him a shit load of money and a few lost friendships.

Agree totally
DMR

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:43:59 »

Hate to be a pedant but 180 is not a finish
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:45:07 »

reading back over those tweets, I think he probably should have kept his silence.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:45:23 »

Hate to be a pedant but 180 is not a finish

Dunno why but that's made me laugh more than the Paolo story!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:46:46 »

Wouldn't be the first rich man to try and please others with his money and get fucked over royally.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:49:41 »

To be honest if he had waited a month before switching off the tap he would have been universally lauded by all Town fans. Especially as the sale had been agreed.

We would, in all likelihood, still have Ritchie, Paolo & his team and be top of the league.

Having written off the best part of £10m I can't imagine another month would have cost that much more.

That said, even having lost those things, we are in a much better place now thanks to Andrew Black, it's just that feeling that it could have been better.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:51:45 »

To be honest if he had waited a month before switching off the tap he would have been universally lauded by all Town fans. Especially as the sale had been agreed.

We would, in all likelihood, still have Ritchie, Paolo & his team and be top of the league.

Having written off the best part of £10m I can't imagine another month would have cost that much more.

That said, even having lost those things, we are in a much better place now thanks to Andrew Black, it's just that feeling that it could have been better.

But the turning off of the tap was not a surprise to those in the know, I interpreted it as being necessary to force the others hand who didn't want to sell.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #100 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:56:47 »

reading back over those tweets, I think he probably should have kept his silence.
After spunking up £10m, if anyone has a right to talk its him.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 23:04:17 »

Why single Black out?

How about Fitton? He didn't put anywhere near as much in to the club, didn't want to write it off and tried to block the sale.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 23:06:12 »

But the turning off of the tap was not a surprise to those in the know, I interpreted it as being necessary to force the others hand who didn't want to sell.

Exactly. If Fitton and Wray stood firm over their debts in the holding co, Black's only way out would've been administration which we now know would've resulted in a demotion and may have ultimately been a death toll for the club.

Fitton and Wray effectively had two choices - 1) write off their debts and allow the sale of the club, or 2) not write off the debt, force Black to call in the administrators, jeopardise the club's future and STILL not get their money back.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 23:16:36 »

Exactly. If Fitton and Wray stood firm over their debts in the holding co, Black's only way out would've been administration which we now know would've resulted in a demotion and may have ultimately been a death toll for the club.

Fitton and Wray effectively had two choices - 1) write off their debts and allow the sale of the club, or 2) not write off the debt, force Black to call in the administrators, jeopardise the club's future and STILL not get their money back.
Surely They wouldn't of jeopardised the future of the club just to get back at Black though?
Rodney

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 23:19:41 »

So Fitton, if anyone, is the bad guy.  He was instrumental in putting together the consortium and cleaning up the mess off the pitch.  But then he undid some of his good work by making some poor judgements with manager selections, which contributed to relegation, then got bored of his own plan halfway through.  Wray and Black were left to pick up the pieces.  In Black's case this has cost him his best man and a few million quid.  Plus a lot of grief.  He should have cut and run a few years ago.

It's pretty clear Fitton brought in Arbib and Wray brought in Black. It really has been a huge falling out.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: