Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 57922 times)
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:49:26 »

I imagine it's to do with the debacle over our financial irregularities after we beat Sunderland in the Play Off final in 1990. We were demoted two divisions (which would've meant Tranmere were promoted to the 2nd division), but was changed to demotion one division meaning the Trannies didn't get promotion after all.

I thought it was the floodlights in '93. Probably both.

They definitely do hate us though. Some pikey twat shouted "what goes round comes round cheating Swindon cunt" (or words to that effect) at me as I was walking towards the ground before the last game of the relegation season a couple of years ago. I was genuinely bemused by that for ages  Cheesy
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:54:05 »

I imagine it's to do with the debacle over our financial irregularities after we beat Sunderland in the Play Off final in 1990. We were demoted two divisions (which would've meant Tranmere were promoted to the 2nd division), but was changed to demotion one division meaning the Trannies didn't get promotion after all.

That makes sense. We were the ones demoted...yet they were the ones that feel robbed.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:22:14 »

And the fact that we beat them, twice.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:28:13 by Langers » Logged
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:26:43 »

Well, they made no effort to get the game on the other week, in the hope some of their injured players would be back (shame it didn't work  Cheesy). I guess by their logic that also makes them cheats.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:29:56 »

Don't get the Tranmere disliking us.... but as someone else said who cares!
Other fans don't like us because on the pitch we have been successful - have to say that I am rapidly going off Boremuff.

Quite right.  It is the duty of every football fan to take a dislike to other teams that are doing well.  Nobody ever hates a shit team (except Oxford, of course).

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 13:12:26 »

Just seen that Adam McGurk the Tranmere striker is now ruled out for between 4 to 6 weeks with a collapsed lung. Things really aren't going too well for them at the moment.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #651 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 13:58:07 »

How the hell did he manage that?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 17:05:14 »

How the hell did he manage that?
Not sure, he didn't play against us in the week as he has a ham string injury.
Edit:just read this: It happened over night, He suffered a Pneumothorax which is when air gets between the two linings in the Lung causing it to collapse.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 22, 2013, 17:13:31 by Notts red » Logged
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:53:50 »

I'd forgotten about that - can remember "floodlightgate" though.....

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: