Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 57647 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:05:35 »

I notice that Roberts played the through-ball to Collins for the first goal. Great to finally get a glimpse of what we've been missing with Roberts all season.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:14:35 »

I notice that Roberts played the through-ball to Collins for the first goal. Great to finally get a glimpse of what we've been missing with Roberts all season.

Its obvious Ritchie was holding him back!
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:15:59 »

Its obvious Ritchie was holding him back!

Or Paolo...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 15:56:10 »

Should also mention that Tranmere should have had a penalty at 2-1, for a push so big it could have been seen from space. Oh well Smiley
Well, we are cheating Swindon aren't we? AKA Swindle Town. We deliberately cut off the electricity so the lights went out when we were 2-1 down in '93 and we only thumped them 5-0 at our place because we were cheating. It therfore stands to reason that we were only able to beat them last night because we had bribed the ref. Simples. Cool
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:20:59 »

Agree with nearly everything I've read on here.

Cracking game & an occasion I was proud to be a part of.  The game itself has been well documented, it had everything & the last 5 minutes were extraordinary, it seemed to take an age for the 4th official to put his board up.

Wes' save followed by "that goal", along with a cracking atmosphere will stay with me for a long time, but the players actions at the end of the game demonstrated a solidarity that gives me hope that regardless of the off field shambles, we can still win this league!

Long trip, but so glad I went!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:31:04 »

Paolo quitting could be a blessing - the inspiration the players need to really go for it and clinch promotion. I was quite depressed about the situation until the game last night but the players' reaction and togetherness has really given me a lift. I have a feeling we're going up as champions again.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:37:28 »

great coverage of the goals on points west , showed the ball bouncing into the net from Roberts 2nd without showing the shot and then called James collins , Gary !

Edit: but they did show us a full 10 minutes before both brizzle teams .Yay
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:48:51 by GoSWINDON » Logged

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:57:54 »

Just got back in from a fantastic night on the Wirral. Apologies if this has already been said, but the spirit and courage of the players in light of what's gone before was unbelieveable - they were an absolute credit to themselves and our club. Particularly how much effort they put in to the last ten minutes when we were hanging on a bit. The way they celebrated with us at the end (I think / hope) showed how much the win meant to them. If we can salvage anything from the wreckage of the last few days, tonight we can feel justifiably proud of our team. That's all.

Ps - hope SSN show our third goal - was better than Alonso's in the Cup a few years back!   

Great to see you again after all of those years.

Loved the celebration and watching that goal almost in slow motion. Another memorable night "on the road" watching the Town, even sweeter with the current shit we are putting up with.

That near own goal Smiley - That poor yoing lad at the back didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the abuse being dished out by the Town fans.
If that would have gone in would have been on the xmas dvd or worst own goals for sure.

See you again Mate "up North" and lets not hope so long next time. As you noticed none of the old gang were travelling last night.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 20:01:01 »

I just noticed that, somewhat randomly, Tranmere come out to the theme from the Rockford Files Huh?
lambourn red

« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:19:02 »

Highlights up on skysports.co.uk now
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:25:44 »

Good strike by Roberts for the 2nd goal, pitch looked awful.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:35:57 »

That back pass is comical   Clap

#VivaKenBarlow!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:41:46 »

Should also mention that Tranmere should have had a penalty at 2-1, for a push so big it could have been seen from space. Oh well Smiley

Very true though though we could have had one two....the ref looked at the linesman and that was that no penalty.....also the offside goal we scored looked ok to me.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:48:53 »

Very true though though we could have had one two....the ref looked at the linesman and that was that no penalty.....also the offside goal we scored looked ok to me.

Fair point, looked on to me as well, but havent seen a replay anywhere.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:14:11 »

Just read this on the Tranmere forum

'Swindon are top dogs, it won't last, all their backroom staff including the guy in charge last night have walked, they are in financial @#$%& land, what you saw last night was a group of players amongst the highest paid in league one, breaking all the rules, why has the Football league not ratified the new board, because the wage bill has to be cut, staff have all gone next it will be players or Admin.'

A lot of bullshit on there, quiet funny to read through
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: