Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 59238 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:56:37 »

cone collector

Love it
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:57:07 »

ooh - a fellow anarch out there ?!

no homage to canalonia then ?  Wink
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:57:41 »

By what Fabrizio said I've interpreted it as him saying Di Canio wants the chance to say 'thank you to the fans'...I therefore fully expect SSN to track him down in Italy, with him on a scooter and in some dodgy shop  Cheesy

For now though, we move on and so do they...

#VivaKenBarlow!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:57:56 »

We should stick to the glorious policy of gambling on good quality ex-players looking for their first management opportunity.

I can't remember better times than Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, Di Canio, all a bit chaotic, but great fun, and very sucessful.

Gary Neville would do for me

Hmmm, it may not have been his first job (was it?) but Malpas was actually a pretty good player in his day.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:58:57 »

Was there any word on how many town fans made the trip?
Talk Talk

« Reply #545 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:03:20 »

Beeb Swindon commentary was ace tonight, but sometimes you just have to wonder...

Zoumana Bakayogo went close for Tranmere at one end, before Roberts' spectacular strike made it 2-0 to Swindon.

Daniels reacted first in the box after Swindon failed to clear a Max Power free-kick to give Tranmere hope.

But, with Fon Williams joining the attack as Rovers went in search of an equaliser, Daniels lifted the ball into an empty net from his own half.

And the 'as it stands' table still has Bournemouth top. Sigh.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:04:26 »

Fuck concern, we are top.  Highest league position in nearly 11 years.  I'm not letting a GK coach leaving, or fitness guru far that matter, make me worried.  Worry was for a day ago, when PDC left, since then we've been better ;-)
To be fair I think Picaretta, Donatelli & Doardo have all done a good job pre-tonight and deserve a lot of the credit for what we've acheived so far. Fabrizio in particular was never heard from and very much took a back seat but I've no doubt his experience & abilities have rubbed off on the players. In saying that it still surprises me that thet didn't leave at the same time as Paolo.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:05:41 »

It's the disruption of routine that worries me. The players won't push as hard in training without the Italian mob lashing the whip. I'm not saying that they will go into holiday mode as I'm sure they want promotion and glory as much as we do but it sure wont be the same.
The discipline has left the building.

You've hit the nail on the head. I totally agree with that, it's that extra bit of detail that Paolo seemed to have in preparing the team, the shape, the fitness levels- it feels as if we're going to lose all that. That's the worrying thing for me.
Talk Talk

« Reply #548 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:06:18 »

ooh - a fellow anarch out there ?!

no homage to canalonia then ?  Wink

Absolutely love it.

[url width=296 height=296]http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/images/recipes/3682/3682_1_296.jpg[/url]
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:07:11 »

No management, no board, we're still top of the league. I just tried explaining to my wife how mental that was. She said blimey just think where you could be if you had both......... err.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:07:30 »

Maybe the BBC are taking into account our points deduction from the failed takover and susbequent administration, not to mention the illegal payments to the board members who didn't get the club, and the appointment of Steve McMahon as Manager for a 2nd time (which although not against any rules was clearly worthy of a points deduction in it's own right).
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:08:24 »

Quite. It was like a voice from beyond the grave. "Seeeeee what I deed? That was a mya teem. I am Paolo Di Canio". Fair fucking play to the team tonight, they deserve high praise. Oh and Jo, you said the c word twice today. I think we need a chat  Wink

I actually detest the word, not that you'd know it tonight!  Emotions running away with me  Smiley
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:11:48 »

Was there any word on how many town fans made the trip?
fair play to each and every one of the Town fans who made the trip. Again we sounded like the home team, great support. Bet Leefer and co enjoyed that win tonight even more than we did.  Smiley
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:16:50 »

You've hit the nail on the head. I totally agree with that, it's that extra bit of detail that Paolo seemed to have in preparing the team, the shape, the fitness levels- it feels as if we're going to lose all that. That's the worrying thing for me.
This. I'm still not convinced that tonight was really the test. As Picaretta said tonight's win, from the coaching staff's perspective, was for Paolo. The gameplan, tactics & possibly even selection were all worked on by PDC during the final days of his tenure. Coupled with the fact that Tranmere are going through a really poor spell it was the perfect time to play them. I'll be far more convinved if we manage to turn PNE over on Sat. They could have appointed Mike Newell and still come down here riding the crest of a wave after getting rid of Westley & turning Bornmuff over on Sat.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:18:36 »

Why is losing a cone collector putting a dampner on going top? 

Personally beyond all reason I was half hoping there was a route back somehow for PDC, never really truly believed it but hoped all the same. This ends the hope. If PDC did leave they were always going with him, and thus it has been shown.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: