Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 59212 times)
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:39:07 »

I am not too worried about Paul Bodin taking over in the short term as he has enough about him and the players should not need too much emphasis in keeping the run going, professional pride comes into it.

I am concerned longer term however as the likely names being bandied about as being in the frame do not fill me with great confidence, just hope I am wrong.

Still totally bemused by the total ineptitude of the happenings off the field, be it old board, new board or football league and the ongoing prevarications. Heaven only knows who or what the problems were/are but they are going on far, far too long.

All very good the coaching staff packing it in as well but can they be sure they are going to be gainfully employed in the near future?

Perhaps I will win the Euro Lottery tonight , a few million quid might help grease the wheels!

Head Hurts

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:39:16 »

I was at Hibs once when, in a meaningless early season game, a middle aged man threw his season ticket on the pitch and stormed out upon going one down (they won 2-1 in the end).

If Mike Newell is appointed, I will go on Saturday to do exactly the same.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:39:47 »

Agreed, make the cunts walk.

Reckon I would have, going to be an awkward trip back home otherwise.

Why the fuck couldn't they have waited until tomorrow? Really hope this puts an to talk of Paolo coming back.
Barry Scott

« Reply #528 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:40:42 »

Bodin has to be the only one left now...

Did he not join his son at Torquay like everyone said last season?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:42:11 »

Spontaneously combust I would imagine Hmmm

I feel sorry for whoever is going to have to clean that up.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:42:55 »

I feel sorry for whoever is going to have to clean that up.
Well lets just hope it doesn't come to that. Please no.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:43:46 »

I am concerned longer term however as the likely names being bandied about as being in the frame do not fill me with great confidence, just hope I am wrong.

A surprise comes along every now and again. The names before Paolo was appointed weren't all that. Not suggesting that we have the cash for another Paolo, even if there was one. Just blind hope that being the right end of the table will bring a few surprises compared to having just been relegated.

Not fucking Newell/Stein though, that's the wrong kind of surprise!
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:47:07 »

It's funny, a new managers arriving at this point in the season is usually expected to change things, make things better. But whoever comes in just needs to keep things the same!

Think we could see someone with a fair bit of experience come in, steer the ship until the end if the season when the proper search will begin.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:49:49 »

Just seen Piccareta's interview on SSN... for some reason, it really annoyed me ("we won't stay here a minute longer etc etc"), and I hope the technical staff aren't allowed on the coach back down south...!

It did me as well.  I understand they're pissed off with the old/new board, but fundamentally they're probably giving a huge sigh of relief they're gone.  The only losers in this are the supporters and players and for all the love they supposedly had for us, they don't appear to have given us much thought over the last week.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:52:03 »

Why is losing a cone collector putting a dampner on going top?  Of all the things in recent weeks to give a shit over.  3-1, top, completely in our own hands, two teams in the top 7 in dodgyish form, one team on an 8 game winning streak which really has to end (hopefully) and Wilson in charge of a team in the automatic hunt. Get a Manager, get a new Board, do it all within a week or so and we should be well set.  Too far into the season to completely derail it now because training is more about ticking over, the hard work was done in the summer.  I reckon, to ensure he stays alive, DV should get the job.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:53:36 »

Why is losing a cone collector putting a dampner on going top?  Of all the things in recent weeks to give a shit over.  3-1, top, completely in our own hands, two teams in the top 7 in dodgyish form, one team on an 8 game winning streak which really has to end (hopefully) and Wilson in charge of a team in the automatic hunt. Get a Manager, get a new Board, do it all within a week or so and we should be well set.  Too far into the season to completely derail it now because training is more about ticking over, the hard work was done in the summer.  I reckon, to ensure he stays alive, DV should get the job.

And therein lies the source of the concern

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Talk Talk

« Reply #536 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:54:04 »

It's disappointing that now the announcement by Piccareta is taking away the glory from the players for a superb performance.  SSN more interested in that than the fact we've gone top.

Quite. It was like a voice from beyond the grave. "Seeeeee what I deed? That was a mya teem. I am Paolo Di Canio". Fair fucking play to the team tonight, they deserve high praise. Oh and Jo, you said the c word twice today. I think we need a chat  Wink

I really hope to see Ward/Macca step up and make sure the less experienced players keep the standards high. They are the types of players that the team really needs atm to lead the way

The anarchist in me loves this.  They know each other well, they know how to play together. Would it not be fantastic if the professionals we employ could get together and push on to the end of the season? That could start a revolution in football

Pint
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:54:41 »

We should stick to the glorious policy of gambling on good quality ex-players looking for their first management opportunity.

I can't remember better times than Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, Di Canio, all a bit chaotic, but great fun, and very sucessful.

Gary Neville would do for me
nochee

« Reply #538 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:54:46 »

It's the disruption of routine that worries me. The players won't push as hard in training without the Italian mob lashing the whip. I'm not saying that they will go into holiday mode as I'm sure they want promotion and glory as much as we do but it sure wont be the same.
The discipline has left the building.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:56:24 »

Fuck concern, we are top.  Highest league position in nearly 11 years.  I'm not letting a GK coach leaving, or fitness guru far that matter, make me worried.  Worry was for a day ago, when PDC left, since then we've been better ;-)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: