Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 59095 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:22:52 »

so Piccareta, Donatelli, Doardo are the "technical staff". where does this leave Godfrey (physio) and Viscardi (masseur)?

if they're gone too that leaves us with Bodin and Jeremy Newton to run the entire club
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:23:50 »

I liken this as an opportunity for someone to sort of do what Ardiles did after Macari.  Took a team that was well drilled and disciplined, added a pinch of class to the same team, and they flew.  Would have been worse for this to happen a game or two into the season, maybe even back in Nov.  If it had to happen this season, think now is ok provided the right next man is chosen.  The foundations are in place, the team is in form, not enough time to unravel the fitness and the defensive strength we have should remain due to good habits being in place.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:24:50 »

so Piccareta, Donatelli, Doardo are the "technical staff". where does this leave Godfrey (physio) and Viscardi (masseur)?

if they're gone too that leaves us with Bodin and Jeremy Newton to run the entire club

Morshead believes that Godfrey is included within the departing staff. I'm more than sure Viscardi will be off too.

The new guy can have their own staff, which is good (in my opinion).
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:29:26 »

Personally beyond all reason I was half hoping there was a route back somehow for PDC, never really truly believed it but hoped all the same. This ends the hope. If PDC did leave they were always going with him, and thus it has been shown.
This is how I feel.  The rumours of a return that gathered momentum during the course of the day gave a glimmer of hope.  That's now gone and I'm genuinely worried about who will come in.  Also, how will the player's react now the whole lot have gone?  For all we know, they might have been thinking that he'd be back.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:30:30 »

SSN just showed the first two goals (brilliant strike from Roberts), but not the long range 3rd. Bastards.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:30:36 »

Goals just on SSN, well 3 of the 4. They didn't show Robert's second. Cunts.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:31:04 »

Morshead also reminds us that Jamie Pitman is at the club, who has more managerial experience than anyone else left. Had completely forgotten he was here.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:32:33 »

Morshead also reminds us that Jamie Pitman is at the club, who has more managerial experience than anyone else left. Had completely forgotten he was here.

Really?  You obviously missed Reg's posts then  Smiley
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:32:39 »

He has been mentioned on here.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:33:03 »

Goals just on SSN, well 3 of the 4. They didn't show Robert's second. Cunts.

I think we were separated at birth Batch.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:33:42 »

I think we were separated at birth Batch.

Is it like Twins. Bet I'm Danny Di Vito, but taller.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:35:18 »

Is it like Twins. Bet I'm Danny Di Vito, but taller.

I'd also be Di Vito, but thinner!

Talk Talk

« Reply #567 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:42:44 »

Time for bed. If I read any more conjecture or supposition I will end up in Scanners II.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 00:11:07 »

Really?  You obviously missed Reg's posts then  Smiley

Obviously. I've been lying low in recent days while the speculation's reached a new pitch of pointlessness. But now there's a whole ocean of STFC shitness ahead.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 00:29:00 »

Just got back in from a fantastic night on the Wirral. Apologies if this has already been said, but the spirit and courage of the players in light of what's gone before was unbelieveable - they were an absolute credit to themselves and our club. Particularly how much effort they put in to the last ten minutes when we were hanging on a bit. The way they celebrated with us at the end (I think / hope) showed how much the win meant to them. If we can salvage anything from the wreckage of the last few days, tonight we can feel justifiably proud of our team. That's all.

Ps - hope SSN show our third goal - was better than Alonso's in the Cup a few years back!   
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: