Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Call me a cunt...  (Read 5648 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:16:19 »

What, spending Black`s money without anyone's knowledge? I'm sure you're not stupid enough to believe that? 
You miss my point. I doesn't matter though. We'll leave it at that.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:35:20 »

I should caveat the above to say excluding all other factors fund wise, otherwise Sam will come on here talking about volatilty etc.

Cheesy

Yeah but what's the standard deviation and sharpe ratio? Are we talking active or passive management?

Past performance is not a guarantee of future returns. Fund values can go up as well as down etc. etc.
HardCorePrawn

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:51:42 »

What, spending Black`s money without anyone's knowledge? I'm sure you're not stupid enough to believe that? 

Clearly he wasn't doing it without anyone's knowledge but it seems his tendency to histrionics when not getting his own way may have influenced things in the Wray era. Patey is seen as the bogeyman but surely he was brought in to better protect Black's bank balance. Judging by Black's comments on twitter Patey did exactly what he was tasked with doing.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 10:17:31 »

At this point I wouldn't be that bothered if he did or didn't come back. All I'm concerned about is that we move on past this and focus on the remainder of the football season.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 11:28:32 »

Cheesy

Yeah but what's the standard deviation and sharpe ratio? Are we talking active or passive management?

Past performance is not a guarantee of future returns. Fund values can go up as well as down etc. etc.

We're talking you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 11:38:47 »

I would not necessarily describe taking the Club to a point where potentially, administration was a very real possibility as value for money.

Surely this should be aimed at Wray?  Every manager will want to spend every penny they are given. If you genuinely blame Paolo for "taking the Club to a point where potentially, administration was a very real possibility" then I am afraid I am obliged to call you an idiot.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 11:43:36 »

Surely this should be aimed at Wray?  Every manager will want to spend every penny they are given. If you genuinely blame Paolo for "taking the Club to a point where potentially, administration was a very real possibility" then I am afraid I am obliged to call you an idiot.
That was not what I was saying. But I have arrived at the point where I just want to talk about the players on the pitch now so we'll just leave it at that.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 11:49:27 »

That was not what I was saying. But I have arrived at the point where I just want to talk about the players on the pitch now so we'll just leave it at that.
Fair enough.  I don't think I've ever wanted something to work out as much I want Ward/Miller to work out.  3 points today would be amazing!

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:41:45 »

Fair enough.  I don't think I've ever wanted something to work out as much I want Ward/Miller to work out.  3 points today would be amazing!
I think it will work out. I think it was exactly the right appointment given the circumstances.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:21:27 »

Not Paolo's problem. He's here to do a job, which he did. If the board don't have the balls to control their manager that's a board issue.
I think the problem, as far as Paolo sees it, is that they did try to control him. Black got rid of Wray and replaced him with Patey who clearly did exert his authority on Paolo. It was evident from the way that post-match interviews were toned down once Patey had been installed that Paolo had been spoken to. The picking on individual players stopped and he even started praising them rather than slating them.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:26:22 »

Fans are fickle, him turning up in his own time would put him back in favour with the Town End faithful.
Never a truer word spoken. Fans talk a lot of bollocks that they don't really mean...or not for very long anyway. If Paolo is there today he'll be a hero again.

I think he acted like a spoilt kid when he quit but if came back to watch as a fan I'd be back up his arsehole too.....
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:59:26 »

I think it applies equally to all involved but ultimately reflects very poorly on Black.

In his therapy session where Twitter represented a nice leather couch, he basically revealed that he made half-hearted attempts to curb the spending but he was never heeded. You can't blame Paolo entirely for spending the money if it was there but in reality it just shows what a mess the club was behind the scenes despite us all thinking we were as stable as we'd ever been.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: