Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 193431 times)
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 07:43:48 »

Butcher has done a good job at ICT, only downer is Mo is his assistant

Yes, but he has also been shit at all his other clubs.
We can do better.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 07:55:40 »

Some one suggested Owen Coyle. I like that idea for some reason Hmmm

I wouldn't be at all sure about Butcher either.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 07:57:53 »

I think we are all going to be disappointed.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:02:25 »

I think we are all going to be disappointed.
We need to get the pissing takeover completed before that happens Roll Eyes
kerry red

« Reply #544 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:39:00 »

The choice of manager will be a huge indication of the ambitions/intentions (or lack thereof) of the incoming board.

I can see the statment now: 'The club's finances were worse than we thought, which means -insert player/s - will have to be sold to enable the club to carry on'

New manager/puppet keeps his head down and keeps on banking the cheque
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:59:01 »

How about jimmy fh with luc nijholt as his assistant. Go double dutch and get some shexy football !
DMR

« Reply #546 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:00:53 »

Absolutely this. Ex-players are an exciting unknown. I also think the expectations and tolerance for getting results, from fans, is better  - based on nothing but guess work.

Agree as well.

At this level, I honestly think having a big name player is better than an established League 1/2 manager - they will immediately command the squad's respect by virtue of being a vastly superior player.

It's worked with PDC, Wise & Poyet etc.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:07:13 »

Given how close we are to the end of the season, I have been wondering whether we need to be thinking about an interim manager now - on a 4 month contract - and then consider the longer term appointment in the summer.  The interim manager would, of course, be encouraged to apply for the position longer term if successful this season.

The reason?  As others have already said, we need a cool head at the moment who can harness the momentum we have.  Reinvention not required at the moment.  Different story in the summer, however, when regardless of whether we achieve promotion, you would expect squad turnover to be fairly high.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:08:09 »

that's pretty much what I was thinking too, Ardiles...

bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:17:02 »

Given how close we are to the end of the season, I have been wondering whether we need to be thinking about an interim manager now - on a 4 month contract - and then consider the longer term appointment in the summer.  The interim manager would, of course, be encouraged to apply for the position longer term if successful this season.

The reason?  As others have already said, we need a cool head at the moment who can harness the momentum we have.  Reinvention not required at the moment.  Different story in the summer, however, when regardless of whether we achieve promotion, you would expect squad turnover to be fairly high.
Agreed but who will take the role for 3-4 month that would fit into the role the last time we were in this situation we had Paul Hart diffrent circumstances i know ?
Flashheart

« Reply #550 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:26:56 »

Thought about this and while the likes of Butcher and Brown may not grab you by the goolies, we have to be realistic. We are not Barcelona, we are a 3rd tier club so we can't expect blow your socks off managerial appointments. The likes of Adkins would be great but just cannot see it happening. An appointment like Butcher could help to get us over the finish line and into the Championship making it a sensible option. Names like that are probably better than average for league 1 and Swindon Town.....

Who the fuck am I kidding? 'Sensible'?, 'Better than average'?. This is Swindon, we don't do 'sensible' or 'better than average'. We do glamorously glorious or dramatically disastrous and nothing in between. It's in our DNA, all or fucking nothing.

JFH it is.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #551 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:33:44 »

I don't want JFH as manager, can you imagine how difficult it will be for Jayo and crew to write a song about him?Huh?? disaster!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:43:34 »

Jimmy Jimmy, oh oh, Jimmy Jimmy.

Surely loads of potential for songs.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #553 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:44:10 »

We've already got one for Ward to the tune of Gold by Spandau Ballet. JFH provides a challenge, no doubt. But I'm sure we could come up with something suitably 80s/gay/cringeworthy given enough jagerbombs.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:52:01 »

I don't want JFH as manager, can you imagine how difficult it will be for Jayo and crew to write a song about him?Huh?? disaster!

"fat Eddie Murphy, you're just a fat Eddie Murphy"

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: