Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 193347 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:45:17 »

One of my best mates is a gashead and said the bloke is a greased up cunt (and that's putting it politely) last season just before he left. Rovers had to employ security guards to stand by the dugout to ensure he didn't come to anyharm for the last few games of his tenure there. No Buckle, No Newell...go fuck off!

#VivaKenBarlow!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:46:35 »

What is it with the morbid depression frenzy people seem to be sucked into, whereby randon shit names are banded around based on nothing more than one poster deciding to pluck a name from the hat of loose connections?
So far, the standard betting shop list of names most recently without a job has been produced and fuck all else of substence.
Jesus wept, how do half the population get through a day?  There must be way too much to have a sense of foroding about to be able to muddle through.
Annoyance (at whoever) at losing PDC I get, annoyance at my own made-up shit rumour would be fucking unbelievable though.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:48:39 »

Speaking of Gas Head cunts to make you pull your hair out and random shit names....Paul Trollope will probably apply.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:49:43 »

What is it with the morbid depression frenzy people seem to be sucked into, whereby randon shit names are banded around based on nothing more than one poster deciding to pluck a name from the hat of loose connections?
So far, the standard betting shop list of names most recently without a job has been produced and fuck all else of substence.
Jesus wept, how do half the population get through a day?  There must be way too much to have a sense of foroding about to be able to muddle through.
Annoyance (at whoever) at losing PDC I get, annoyance at my own made-up shit rumour would be fucking unbelievable though.

I can't wait to watch the ITV mini series of the last 6 weeks, you couldnt make it up and not be ridiculed. I'm quite enjoying sat in the eye of the hurricane, I've never seen anything like this in the 40 years I've been afflicted Smiley
DMR

« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:51:16 »

Buckle has been smashing that bird from Setanta for ages which does make him a bit of a king
Barry Scott

« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:54:59 »

This tells you all you need to know about Paul Buckle...

http://www.lutontownfans.co.uk/forum/discussion/266/paul-buckle/p1

It makes grim, grim reading.

I've actually spoken with 2 players who worked under him. Said he was really arrogant and a real bitch. Used to belittle people and whinge about players to other players behind their backs, yet be their best mate to their face.

Also used to spend a week working on a formation, then change it on the day of the match, because he'd decided it was best. Players used to be clueless what he wanted as he'd flit between ideas so frequently, the players would be left scratching their heads. It's not that he loses a dressing room, he never actually gains a dressing room.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 22:58:06 »

Jesus wept, how do half the population get through a day?  There must be way too much to have a sense of foroding about to be able to muddle through.
Couldn't agree more. So many people seem to want to believe the worst. They would say it's realism. I say it's just fucking wierd.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:00:51 »

For anyone who's getting worked up over potential new managers, just take a look at the league table for 10 seconds. And relaaaaaaaaaaax.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:01:33 »

It would be realism if there was even a thread of information behind any of it.  It's the bit about making up a rumour about a shit Manager you hate, and then getting worked up by it that confuses me.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:11:44 »

Buckle has been smashing that bird from Setanta for ages which does make him a bit of a king
[/quote

One Luton fan tweeted earlier the reason buckle left was that his missus had bagged herself a job working for espn in the US
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:20:28 »

I was just thinking that the position we're now in might frighten some prospective managers.  If we subsequently failed to get promotion, would people point the finger and say 'If Paolo had stayed, we'd have been promoted'. 
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:23:31 »

[Takeover delay aside]

Given our squad and our position (regardless of our win tonight), I'm certain that we'll be getting some pretty interesting applicants that go beyond the 'usual suspects' lists that the bookies conjure up. Whether Town go for them, time will tell.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:27:07 by Costanza » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:25:55 »

[Takeover delay aside]

Given our squad and our position (regardless of our win tonight), I'm certain that we'll be getting some pretty interesting applications that go beyond the 'usual suspects' lists that the bookies conjure up. Whether Town go for them, time will tell.
yup.

don't see why we wouldn't be an attractive proposition for any manager - how often does a manager come in to manage a side top of the league with an excellent group of professional, highly fit and well organised players?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:27:29 »

Needs to be quick, and someone who knows the league. When does the loan window slam shut? Some areas are looking a bit thin, what with Story's injury.
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:28:00 »

I think whoever is brought in will tell us everything we need to know about the new owners. Personally I believe we need a calming figure, quietly efficient, good man manager. Someone who won't ruffle feathers, who will befriend and utilise the senior players. This will be a breath of fresh air for a squad will nothing to prove, whose position in the league is testament to their desire and talent. The smaller his ego the better.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: