Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo Gone.  (Read 70658 times)
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:54:33 »

Even if contracts hadn't been formally exchanged they were well into negotiations and selling one of the best players would have materially affected the value of the assets. There's no way Black would have sanctioned it without at least informing the new guys, or he'd have risked derailing the whole deal

This doesn't mean the new lot agreed with it. It may have been a 'This is happening' type scenario which the new lot wouldn't allow to derail the deal

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 14:02:37 »

Or it may have been the new lot saying we will need to do this to raise x until we take over
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 14:17:22 »

Or it may have been the new lot saying we will need to do this to raise x until we take over

Exactly, or it provided us N months grace in case the deal failed.

Either way I can see no reason why Black would do it without talking to the buyers, and even less reason to release a public statement saying that this is what happened.

But it really doesn't matter much now.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 14:28:21 »

This doesn't mean the new lot agreed with it. It may have been a 'This is happening' type scenario which the new lot wouldn't allow to derail the deal
Yeah, sure. My point was rather that whether the contracts had actually been exchanged didn't mean there wasn't an obligation to at least inform the new lot and obtain their consent, grudging or otherwise
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 13:52:55 »

In case anyone was wondering how much PDC was earning with us, we now have the definitive answer here.

Swindon Can't Afford Di Canio's £850k Salary

And we know this because David Walker from the Daily Mirror is quoted as saying: 'I’m told that Di Canio is on £850,000 a year basic, with an £850,000 promotion bonus.'

'I am told'.  Really?  Who 'told' you this info then?  I'm told that you picked those figures out of your arse.  Fool.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 13:56:48 »

He might have been told that but does he "understand" it? Whole different ball game
kerry red

« Reply #366 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:02:20 »

Add on Paolo's entourage and the Italian wage bill alone must be £2m.

Has anybody considered he may have quit to save the club
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:02:55 »

I'm told that you picked those figures out of your arse.  Fool.

Which demonstrates a) that your source is more reliable than his and b) that you'll never work for a national rag.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:04:13 »

I understand that you may not be in possession of a full set of marbles. Allegedly.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
HardCorePrawn

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:05:15 »

I don't think he's selfless enough to have done that (what happened to the money he was offering to put in the pot ??) but it may well have saved the new administration from going broke in the coming months.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:05:23 »

Yes because on the back of some "plucked out of mid air I've been told this by the voices in my head" pile of crap in a paper that's been consistently wrong throughout all this and then some additional figures you just surmised on the back of fuck all, that's definitely going to be a £2m+ pa saving. Probably more I'd have thought, once you add in the unicorn stabling fees.
kerry red

« Reply #371 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:10:33 »

I understand that you may not be in possession of a full set of marbles. Allegedly.

Twas in jest
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #372 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:10:40 »

I've got a theory that Paolo preferred another consortium but this one was the winner and he didn't like it.

EDIT: Though it's probably been mentioned before.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:13:45 by Simon Pieman » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #373 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 21:30:15 »

He's going on one again.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 21:32:27 »

Paolo's statement ends with matter in the hands of my legal team ... This has some way to run ...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: