Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo Gone.  (Read 70345 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:45:39 »

It's petulant even for a 15 yo girl.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:56:49 »

I don't understand why this has come as such a shock to people, the writing has been on the wall for more than a fortnight. The statement earlier this month was a threat to create leverage for himself with the new owners, he's clearly become tired of this lack of movement - which is not the fault of either the current or new owners - and decided he's had enough. I'm disappointed that he has gone but not surprised, though a little confused that he would walk away so easily given his supposed debt to the fans and the level of commitment he's shown up to this point. I note that some people are hoping that he comes back but personally I think it's time to move on. We knew the time would come.

The character assassination of the new board, particularly Jed, based solely on his supposed unprofessional character on Twitter is absolutely pathetic. The endless speculation, panic and downright doom mongering on here that the new board are crooks, they have no money, they've engineered this situation, they're all worse than Hitler - we don't even know exactly who they are. The FL ratification has become a long process but we'd only complain and blame the FL if it was a quick process and the new owners turned out to be a disaster. At this moment in time, Black will not fund us any further and without new owners we won't have a club to support. I'd rather take my chances with Jed & Co, give them a chance to show what they can do and get back to supporting the team, focusing on the promotion push and enjoying the football. The group of players we have are excellent and will not forget how to pass a football over night just because Di Canio has left.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:00:07 »

IF Jed and Co. are dodgy, the FL would surely have some explaining to do, seeing as they are taking their time supposedly doing a thorough check. That'll be interesting should the oft rumoured worst happen...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:08:12 »

I know Black and his mob saved us before but what was the point?

He has written off millions to what end? Just got us back to where we were.

Seems like he wasted his dosh and all of our time.

Just can't get my head around what the fuck he thinks he has achieved.

Carcrash doesn't even come close.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:10:31 »

I know Black and his mob saved us before but what was the point?

He has written off millions to what end? Just got us back to where we were.

Seems like he wasted his dosh and all of our time.

Just can't get my head around what the fuck he thinks he has achieved.

Carcrash doesn't even come close.

If you want a carcrash, look at the club under Wills and Diamandis.

We've not gone forward on the pitch in terms of league positions but we're immeasurably more secure as a result of his tenure.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:12:33 »

Wash Bag has written a good article
http://thewashbag.com/2013/02/19/paolo-di-canio-and-now-the-end-is-here/
HardCorePrawn

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:57:18 »

Agreed, worth reading. The paragraph that resonates with me is :-

And what of Paolo? Ask Leon Clarke, Mehdi Kerrouche and Paul Caddis for a job reference and he’ll be lucky to find employment again. Look at the list of failed signings who he predominantly plucked from across Europe as if he’d used a map of the continent as a dartboard. Alberto Comazzi, Lukas Magera and Lander Gabilondo are just three examples of so-called “footballers” from three different countries who Paolo thought would cut it in the fourth tier of English football. How wrong he was. To say he can cut it at a higher level than League One is a massive risk.

The man who was funding PDC to make these mistakes, and doubtless filling the pockets of his agent mate, is now receiving filthy abuse from 'fans'. Is it really so surprising that he eventually closed his wallet and, faced with the possibility of opening it yet again or selling Ritchie, chose to keep it shut ?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:57:53 »

Saw this on the bbc site comments bit:

62 players signed? Yeah right

GK - Foderingham, Lanzano (2)

Def - Commazi, Cibocci, McEvelely, Ward, Devera, McCormack, Bessone, TAH, D Baoteng, Ridehalgh,

Mid - Risser, Abdullah, Holmes, Atiku, J Smith, Collins, Hollands, Navarro, Miller, Gabilondo, L Rooney, De Vita, Esajas, G Roberts, Coke, Bostock, Cox

Strikers - Clarke, Collins, Williams, Benson, A Rooney, Connell, Kerrouche, Martin, Magera, Tehoue, Murray, Jervis,

Theres 41 off the top of my head
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:59:34 »

Def - Commazi, Cibocci, McEvelely, Ward, Devera, McCormack, Bessone, TAH, D Baoteng, Ridehalgh,

Mid - Risser, Abdullah, Holmes, Atiku, J Smith, Collins, Hollands, Navarro, Miller, Gabilondo, L Rooney, De Vita, Esajas, G Roberts, Coke, Bostock, Cox

Strikers - Clarke, Collins, Williams, Benson, A Rooney, Connell, Kerrouche, Martin, Magera, Tehoue, Murray, Jervis,

Struggles to find a decent striker! Can caddis come back now?!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:00:05 »

Like most fans I am gutted by this, it was a breath of fresh air and I loved the attention and the success that he brought. But I always felt that we were living on a knife edge and anything that happened no matter how big or trivial (Wray, MBargo, The Boooing, Ritchie) may tip him over the edge. I expected him to last 2 years and he almost did.

In a way I feel almost a sense of relief and that we can now focus on the most important thing which is the long term survivial of the club.

There are better managers out there, less flamboyant maybe, but better. I think I was more gutted when Hoddle left tbh.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:04:32 »

Bear in mind when he joined us that summer in 2011 most of our first team squad had walked out on us - I think he inherited a squad of about 7 first team players.. He was under pressure to make a significant number of signings and quickly.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:12:58 »

There are better managers out there.

I'm really not so sure that there are, not for us anyway. Of course there are other men who have finished top of their class at Coverciano, but I don't think they'll be lining up to manage Swindon Town.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:17:48 »

Code:
Devera		free
Smith 30k
De Vita free
Comazzi free
Lanzano free
Atiku free
Risser free
Cibocchi free
Connell 150k
Kerrouche free
Esajas free
McCormack free
Clarke free
Gabilondo free
Magera free
Abdulla loan
Ridehalgh loan
Jervis loan
Montano loan
Murray loan
Benson free - exchange for Clarke
Foderingham undisclosed - originally loan
Rooney L undisclosed - believed to be 6 figure
Boateng loan
Cox 30k
Smith free - Samsung
Tehoue loan
Holmes loan
Bostock loan
McEveley loan
Collins 140k
Roberts free
Williams free
McEveley free
Miller free
Navarro free
Troy A-H 200k
Bostock loan
Ward loan - permanently signed
Bessone free
Coke loan
Rooney A loan
Hollands loan
Martin loan

thats 44 players in total.

7 signed for transfer fees, 15 on loan, 1 loan to perm, 20 on free transfers.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:24:46 »

Thats a lot on 10k a week
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:25:32 »

Thats a lot on 10k a week
only the reserve players would be on 10k a week.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: