Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo Gone.  (Read 70344 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #240 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:50:20 »

Had to be really, but I wonder who made the call?

Given what's going on it was probably rock, paper, scissors best of 3 with Zippy but we're not allowed to know that as its covered under a fucking great big NDA that appears to have a Twitter exclusion clause
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #241 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:52:27 »

We are also disappointed that the sale of the Club has yet to be approved, but we hope the outstanding issues with the Football League will be resolved within a short period of time.

So, probably not tomorrow then
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:54:59 »

To be honest, the only reason to wish for the approval of the sale to be rushed through was to try to keep Di Canio.

If he's gone anyway, I hope the Football League takes a fucking microscope into every corner of these prospective new owners previous business dealings, their plans for STFC and the deal they're doing with the current owners and if they're not up to scratch tells them to do one.

If that takes another week, fine. If it means Patey has to get his hat back on and find someone else to buy the club, fine. If Black wants to go through with his mad idea of taking the club into administration, well, not fine, but probably preferable to us getting landed with another bunch of chancers out for what they can get at Swindon Town's expense.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:57:59 »

To be honest, the only reason to wish for the approval of the sale to be rushed through was to try to keep Di Canio.

Well that, and the fact we were going bust/possibly into admin without it . And the fact we are in embargo until its resolved.
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:59:02 »

The board expresses its disappointment at a number of matters while saying roughly fuck all about what it's going to do about them.

Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:03:39 »

The board expresses its disappointment at a number of matters while saying roughly fuck all about what it's going to do about them.

They probably dont know... it's all ifs buts and maybe's until the FL make a judgement either way.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Carlton Cole 9

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:23:05 »

It's a shame he's gone, as I really would love the bloke in charge of us one day, and thought he was proving himself to anyone who doubted him for his ego etc. I don't think it has anything to do with Allardyce though, can't see our Chairmen wanting to lose him (though fans are mixed) or employing Di Canio just yet. As some of you say, he may come back yet, and I wouldn't see it as a laughing stock. Many clubs have gone through worse situations, especially during takeovers. We had half of our best players sold and replaced with Savio and Walter Lopez. Now that's more of something to laugh at.

Whatever happens, good luck anyway. I've kept an eye out on your progress as many of us have, and hope myself that he does end up back with you, and not at some Northern mug club like Leeds. Would like to see him lead you to the Championship and upwards after.

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:28:49 »

When I saw it was your 1st post I jumped to the conclusion you were here to gloat, fair play though and thanks for your moral support.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:35:10 »

When I saw it was your 1st post I jumped to the conclusion you were here to gloat, fair play though and thanks for your moral support.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:49:20 »

So I guess I'm the only one that can see the funny side of all this?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:54:44 »

Odd timing. As others have said, 5pm deadline seems a bit daft when it's supposedly being approved tomorrow morning (although I accept that deadline has slipped a few times). Reckon there's more to come here.

Either way, keep the red flag flying high. It's been a great run, but now it's a great chance for someone else to finish the job.
Barry Scott

« Reply #251 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:54:59 »

So I guess I'm the only one that can see the funny side of all this?

I was angry, then ambivalent and now mildly amused and indifferent.

The calming influence of Picaretta will mellow all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:57:39 »

I am a little pissed off Paolo ran away after accusing Black of running away. But I have been expecting it every day since Crawley so was a bit more prepared.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:02:24 »

I am a little pissed off Paolo ran away after accusing Black of running away.

We all knew it was going to end in tears with Paolo throwing his toys out of the pram.

Reckon he talked himself in to it. You can only be outraged, issue ultimatums and demands so many times before you have to fall on your sword or you'll end up looking a right prick. He boxed himself in to a corner and quitting was the only way out.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:04:27 »

I was angry, then ambivalent and now mildly amused and indifferent.

The calming influence of Picaretta will mellow all.
Like Pecorino in a way.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: