Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 6 nations  (Read 27764 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:29:41 »

Football -skill
Golf - skill
Cricket - skill
Motor Racing - skill
Tennis - skill
Snooker - skill
Boxing -skill
Rugby - size/weight

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:30:53 »

Keep going, mate.  Your ignorance becomes more apparent with every post.

Football -skill
Golf - skill
Cricket - skill
Motor Racing - skill
Tennis - skill
Snooker - skill
Boxing -skill
Rugby - size/weight

Case closed.
Coca Fola

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:31:35 »

Likewise, (most) people who are good at football would be pretty shocking at rugby.

Anyway, if you can't appreciate the way in which the sport is played, get out of the thread.
Actually most would be very good at catching a ball, running with it and falling over. It's really not very hard. The 'skill' they lack is being over 6 foot and as wide as a house.
Flashheart

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:32:13 »

Unlike you to make a tool of yourself Fola
Coca Fola

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:32:32 »

Rugby should be split into weight categories, it would make it a more skillful sport. You can agree with that.
Coca Fola

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:34:34 »

Unlike you to make a tool of yourself Fola
Everytime somebody doesn't have the same opinion as you they're automatically an idiot. You say it every time.  Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:36:56 »

i prefer american football, honestly.
Coca Fola

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:38:29 »

The closest you get to skill is a conversion or a drop goal. Ironically it involves kicking a ball.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:38:53 »

Actually most would be very good at catching a ball, running with it and falling over. It's really not very hard. The 'skill' they lack is being over 6 foot and as wide as a house.

I admire your attempt at trolling.

If Bosnia/Serbia/Cocafolastan had a competitive rugby team you'd have a totally different opinion of the sport, no doubt.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:41:15 »

Is he Bosnian?

He really should have mentioned that before
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:42:24 »

Next time you want to comment on a sport, you might want to read up on it a bit first.

Not a free flowing game, or one that would have excited anyone new to the game or who dips in & out.  Samdy had it spot on though.  England played the conditions perfectly.

Fola - if that was a gutsy 1-0 win ground out in gale like conditions where we had parked the proverbial bus after taking an early lead somewhere like Coventry, you'd be raving about it.
It actually reminded me of our 1-0 win at Colchester on Tuesday night. Like today, that was never going to be a free flowing game, it was always going to be about digging in, playing as a team and grinding out a result. It's just as satisfying in its way as going out onto a prefect pitch in the middle of September, pinging the ball all over the place and stuffing the other team 4-0. Anyone who finds that boring knows fuck all about sport.

Finally, there are threads on here at various times about F1, golf and other sports which I personally have no interest in. I let other people discuss those subects to their hearts content. Although I realise those sports have their merits, I know nothing about and don't much like them so have nothing worthwhile to contribute.  I myself prefer to (as Samdy alluded to) shut the fuck up. I would never dream of going on to a thread about The Ryder Cup for example and come out with "Golf's a boring load of shit". That would be moronic.

Just saying.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:46:23 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:44:40 »

Golf bores me to fuck.

Therefore I know not to open the golf thread. How simple is that?
Coca Fola

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:46:10 »

I don't like golf or cricket yet I appreciate the levels of technical skill needed to compete at the highest level.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:49:26 »

Yeah but golf and cricket is nothing but swinging a heavy object at a little ball. No skill involved there.

(See, I can do ignorance too).
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 17:50:41 »

I don't like golf or cricket yet I appreciate the levels of technical skill needed to compete at the highest level.
Well you should be able appreciate that to play any sport at a high level requires high levels of technical skill, whether or not you yourself are aware of what those skills are and whether or not you have any interest in that sport. As I said, if you don't like a particular sport, don't bother going on there and saying, "Ooooh, it's boring, it's rubbish, there's no skill to it".

If you do that, you make yourself look stupid. Believe me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: