Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Communication  (Read 15383 times)
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 12:56:15 »

On the positive side though, there's been a significant improvement in Paolo's communication over the last few weeks, more keeping things behind closed doors where they belong, fewer public bollockings of individual players and generally less drama.
Imagine the shitstorm if last year's PdC had been talking to the media for the last few days
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 12:59:08 »

But I think they are putting out the information that they know, ok they have communicated late the last few days but I genuinely beleive that the clubs press officer knows as much as we do and are doing their best to put anything out that they know.

The information that came out from Cheltenham around why the loan deals had fallen through, and the status of who the players were registered with, could have, and should have, come directly from STFC as well
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:06:21 »

On the positive side though, there's been a significant improvement in Paolo's communication over the last few weeks, more keeping things behind closed doors where they belong, fewer public bollockings of individual players and generally less drama.
Imagine the shitstorm if last year's PdC had been talking to the media for the last few days

Agreed although I would suggest that if he was unhappy or pissed off whatever he said you could tell from her persona. Seems very chilled about things.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 13:40:12 »

Might as well say nothing as its only bullshit anyway. What do people expect them to say?
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 14:19:09 »

I can understand that the new lot might have to keep shtum until legalities are sorted. I don't like it, but I can understand it.

However, there is no reason for not keeping us informed of the transfer stuff.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 14:26:39 »

I can understand that the new lot might have to keep shtum until legalities are sorted. I don't like it, but I can understand it.

But they have..http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/transferupdate-632164.aspx
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 14:29:44 »

Cause and effect. That's the latter, what is the former. It could be standard procedure, or exceptional red alarm ringing news. I doubt the club would be keen to publicise the latter.

My unhealthy paranoia makes we wonder if the deal is as done as suggested, and whether Ritchie's sale was a "just in case it fails" deal.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 14:30:05 »

Absolutely. Hopefully we might find out a bit more after this Banbury meeting tonight.
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 14:31:27 »

Which was still all very ambiguous and only lead to more questions. See the deadline day thread.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 14:38:25 »

But surely until legalities are sorted out, Black is still in charge and Patey is still Chairman?  

There's been nothing to stop them showing a bit more respect towards the supporters instead of leaving us completely in the dark.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 1, 2013, 14:45:47 by joteddyred » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 14:57:30 »

But surely until legalities are sorted out, Black is still in charge and Patey is still Chairman?  

There's been nothing to stop them showing a bit more respect towards the supporters instead of leaving us completely in the dark.

The problem is that a malicious 3rd party could take any statement and try to interpret it as they see fit. This is why so many statements are drawn up by legal experts. Even Si Pie felt the need to add a disclaimer to his thread about current board holdings etc. Perhaps it could be another consortium that is disgruntled at having lost out (not trying to speculate) or maybe even somebody else that just fancies being a cunt for the sake of it. The chances are slim but best to avoid the possibility altogether.

There have been releases about how the new owners have financial backing and are looking to championship football etc but other than that it is in the best interest of all parties to say nothing about the potential new owners.

Still doesn't explain why the loan situation is so ambiguous though, but then I;m no legal guru so maybe they have reason to be quiet on that also.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 15:31:20 »

To be honest I would have been happy with a statement describing as best as they can the legal situation of the club RE transfers, the future owners etc. - much better they are honest and go "We know but we cannot tell you for legal reasons" than trying to scrabble together any old bollocks that leads to more questions than answers.

I get that for some involved this is just business, but in my mind it really isn't. A football club (particularly at this level) is not just a business (if it werre there wouldn't be any as they'd all have gone out of business years ago...) In the new stadium thread several people talked about how the club doing well and building on their success could be a massive boost to the town in general- both socially (community aspect) and economically.

This is not a 'house' or simply some company being taken over (though it has similarities with both), it's a large part of many people's lives, particularly their social ones, and how they spend their hard earned cash and free time. Simply being honest with us (and acknowledging legal restrictions on what they can and can't say), is surely common sense, and removes scare mongering from the equation.

Apologies if you think I'm stating the obvious here...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 15:45:36 »

Which was still all very ambiguous and only lead to more questions. See the deadline day thread.
It's not ambiguous at all, it's just stating the bear facts.

I'm guessing that's all they can do at the present time. There is an on going legal process which they cannot be seen to pre-empt or prejudice by coming out with something like "It should only be a formality to get FL approval and we should be able to sign them all when the emergency wndow opens". At best it will piss the FL off and make them take twice as long, at worst it could be illegal for them to comment.

That's just my guess FWIW.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 16:20:04 »

If you want to keep up to speed on matters STFC, then the Scum forum is the place to go. They're that obsessed with us that you can find out all sorts of stuff, that nobody much cares about here.   Much the same way as Tans always seems to have a handle on Scum matters.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 17:10:37 »

I do live there Reg
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: