Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We are Swindon and weve survived again....  (Read 8288 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:17:28 »

Didn't Black and Arbib want anonymity when their consortium took over? with just Fitton being the front man to start with? it was only after a lot of questioning that they finally came and and said who they were.

I see no problem it will come out soon enough.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:19:07 »

I was going to go to that along to that with my mate who is a Banbury fan, but circumstances now dictate otherwise. Perhaps The duke will go
kerry red

« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:19:58 »

Its the deafening silence that bothers me.

Even the promise of a press conference , at some time next week would help a little.

A mute double glazing salesman is a first - I've already taken an instant dislike to Jed Clampett.

Sooner he fucks off the better!!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:26:08 »

I would agree with all of that however......

That they allowed Portsmouth to sign players means they (the FL) should be demonised to the max.

Except that there's been no change to Pompey's ownership in the last 48 hours, and they were allowed to sign players on short-term deals right throughout this season. Not comparable.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:37:41 »

Except that there's been no change to Pompey's ownership in the last 48 hours, and they were allowed to sign players on short-term deals right throughout this season. Not comparable.

Who owns Portsmouth then?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:48:54 »

Who owns Portsmouth then?

Currently the administrators I believe. Why?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:54:03 »

Given that contracts have now been exchanged, I am a little curious as to why the new owners are still insisting on anonymity.  Why the secrecy?  This McCrory/McCoy chap spells his name differently depending on which day of the week it is - and it's pretty clear, I think, that even he's just a front man.  Who are the others?

To be fair to the Football League, unless this consortium has been much more transparent with the FL than it has been with everyone else, I don't really blame them at all for not sanctioning the three loan moves.  Time to put some cards on the table.
Completely agree.

if contracts have been exchanged and it is a matter of sanctioning from the FL, why the lack of communication?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:08:22 »

I personally feel the new owners will, in the main, reveal themselves as soon as the League agree to them being our new owners and not before, so their identity is not revealed too hastily and unnecessarily.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:09:21 »

I just have a problem trusting anyone called Jed.

It's nothing personal against Jed McCrory, I would feel the same if the consortium was being headed up by Jed Pitman, Jedward or....Jed....Junior....Shabadu....The Third.....

I've been thinking exactly the same since his name emerged.  Wasn't helped any by the picture they showed of him on the news!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:13:24 »

I just have a problem trusting anyone called Jed.
You'll be fine once the other members of the consortium are revealed - Bobby Darryl, John Boy, Cletus and Bubba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:15:58 »

Looks a right fucking mess to me and surviving sums it up. Flogged our best player for a pittance  and can't bring anyone in. Stitched up royally by the current owner who has shown they don't really give a shit about stfc. They're all in it to try to gain and all leave us up shit street when its clear there's no money to be made here. Cunts the lot of em
« Last Edit: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:17:53 by arriba » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:23:45 »

Looks a right fucking mess to me and surviving sums it up. Flogged our best player for a pittance  and can't bring anyone in. Stitched up royally by the current owner who has shown they don't really give a shit about stfc. They're all in it to try to gain and all leave us up shit street when its clear there's no money to be made here. Cunts the lot of em

Steady.  He's rumoured to be writing off debt of more than £10 million.  Not black & white.  I don't like the way the exit is being handled, but the debt write off is a big plus that AB deserves a lot of thanks for.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:25:40 »

Quite Ardiles.  Regardless of the fashion of the exit, the club has been left in the best position it has been in since the early 90's.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:28:49 »

Quite Ardiles.  Regardless of the fashion of the exit, the club has been left in the best position it has been in since the early 90's.
But if he's basically given the club to a bunch of clueless fuckwits because he couldn't get shut of us quick enough (which I'm not saying he has, it's a hypothetical), they can undo all that in a matter of months. Which is what I was talking about last night - seems a shame after doing so much good work to apparently have been so careless about protecting it. Fact is, we won't know where all this leaves us, and so won't really be able to make any judgement on Black or the new owners for several months yet. We won't even get early signs till September of how it's really going

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:40:47 »

Steady.  He's rumoured to be writing off debt of more than £10 million.  Not black & white.  I don't like the way the exit is being handled, but the debt write off is a big plus that AB deserves a lot of thanks for.
Would he have any chance of getting anywhere near that amount back if he wanted to?
Looks like a cut my losses,sell up asap on Blacks part to me.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 1, 2013, 11:08:44 by arriba » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: