Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Australian Open Final  (Read 8178 times)
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 19:42:11 »

I think a big contributor to Murray faltering towards the end was the fatigue from having had a tough 5-setter against Federer on Friday, whereas Djoko had a short game against Ferrer on Thursday and 2 days rest.  Djoko was immense but can't help but feel it would have continued to close throughout if both players were equally fresh. 
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 19:48:45 »

I like murray, and I honestly think he will be number 1 at some point. Think hes got a little extra to go to start to compete with Djok and Fed consistently
caveej

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 19:57:13 »

Murray is a fucking Porridge Wog.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 20:00:50 »

I think a big contributor to Murray faltering towards the end was the fatigue from having had a tough 5-setter against Federer on Friday, whereas Djoko had a short game against Ferrer on Thursday and 2 days rest.  Djoko was immense but can't help but feel it would have continued to close throughout if both players were equally fresh. 
Perhaps, but then Murray beat Fed in five in the semi coming off an easy three setter against Chardy after Fed had gone 5 against Tsonga.  You win some, you lose some.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 22:13:56 »

You may well be right.  I don't imagine those blisters we got a close up of while they were being dressed would have helped either!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 22:36:16 »

You may well be right.  I don't imagine those blisters we got a close up of while they were being dressed would have helped either!

Fuck knows how he played with the blisters - if that was me I'd have been laid up in bed for a week.

Watching them slog it out I was wondering whether there are any sports that are more physically demanding than tennis? They often play 4-5 hour matches in grand slams, not many individual sports where you have to be at your limit for so long.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: