Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The unofficial non-matchday thread  (Read 34692 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 16:37:59 »

We'd need to win all 5 for a chance of autos IMHO. Ain't going to happen. Sheff U could yet pip Muff to that second place.

What odds on Ritchie to put us out the playoffs Sad
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 16:41:31 »

A few people wrote Bournemouth off when they lost 5 on the trot.  Dropping 15 points should have seen them out of contention, but the league is so poor, it didn't.  Looks like they blipped at the right time and it will turn out to be a good move for Ritchie.  I'll be surprised if them and Doncaster don't take the two auto spots.

It doesn't take a genius to work out our dire home form over the last couple of months has cost us dear. 

If we make the playoffs, i would prefer that Bornemouth/Donny got auto places as i think either of those teams would be tough over 2 games.

Would be confident that we could beat Yeovil, Tranmere or Brentford over 2 legs.  Sheff Utd would be harder and would prefer in the final.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 16:42:33 »

none of it matters as Jed and Co are succeeding with their plan to prevent us from getting promoted
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 16:43:08 »

If we make the playoffs, i would prefer that Bornemouth/Donny got auto places as i think either of those teams would be tough over 2 games.

Would be confident that we could beat Yeovil, Tranmere or Brentford over 2 legs.  Sheff Utd would be harder and would prefer in the final.

Why would you be confident we can beat Brentford, when they've done the double over us this season?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 16:44:30 »

Given our record in the new Wembley I'm not sure it matters who we play in the final

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 16:45:01 »

I think Donny are all but up now. Bouremouth must fancy 2nd given their run in. If you look at Sheff U's remaining games they still have to face us and Brentford and failure to win either of them would see their chances of top 2 severely dented.

At least after today's results we know that 7 points will all but guarantee us a top 6 finish. 2 wins will probably be enough and 3 wins will mean the teams below cannot catch us at all. It's not out of the question we could make 2nd though but it would mean we'll have to win at least 4 of our last 5 games and hope other results go our way.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 16:46:51 »

I'd want to avoid Brentford over 2 legs personally. Of all the sides i'd want to play in the play off semis it would probably be Yeovil. We've shown we can go there and beat them and we hammered them at home. They play an open style unlike Brentford and Sheffield United. I'd like to avoid Bournemouth full stop so hopefully they finish top 2.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 16:48:08 »

none of it matters as Jed and Co are succeeding with their plan to prevent us from getting promoted

Not quite up to Tans' standard, but it hasn't gone unnoticed  Wink

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 17:22:41 »

I'd be happy if the top 8 stay exactly as they are

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 17:33:49 »

Why would you be confident we can beat Brentford, when they've done the double over us this season?

We battered them at their place for 70 odd minutes and then lost concentration and conceded 2 goals in the away game.  Fair enough a loss is a loss, but i just fancy our class would previal against them over 2 games.

The fans could be the difference as well.  They brought around 600 fans for the game at the CG on a Tuesday.  We took around 1,500 to theirs on a Tuesday.  We'd sell out our away capacity at Griffin Park, not sure they would do the same at the CG.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 17:34:42 »

They would for a playoff game, surely. Its just down the road!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #266 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 17:50:16 »

I wouldn't fancy our chances of beating Brentford. I give you Clayton Donaldson. I'd have no problems saying we'd batter them twice but I don't think we'd win. Yeovil or Tranmere, yes, Brentford, Sheff U or Muff, no.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 17:52:30 »

The Brentford away match could have ended up in a 5-1 defeat. We got absolutely battered second half and a combination of Wes and the woodwork kept us in it.

Would rather avoid them, wouldn't want to go to Sheffield United and would fancy us against the others.

Looks like Bournemouth are going up then - they have shown ambition with their transfer dealings and fair play to them it looks like paying off.

Being honest, I think our top two chances went with PdC.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 18:01:26 »

The Brentford away match could have ended up in a 5-1 defeat. We got absolutely battered second half and a combination of Wes and the woodwork kept us in it.

Would rather avoid them, wouldn't want to go to Sheffield United and would fancy us against the others.

Looks like Bournemouth are going up then - they have shown ambition with their transfer dealings and fair play to them it looks like paying off.

Being honest, I think our top two chances went with PdC Matt Ritchie.

Corrected for you.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 18:01:53 »

Being honest, I think our top two chances went with PdC.

+ Ritchie + lack of a striker in the window.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: