Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311894 times)
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:39:52 »

He also states that Martin King will not be on the board...

I read that, that he is confirming he will not be on the Swindon board.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1876 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:50:04 »

I have a feeling in my waters that says Jed will stay on as Chairman of Banbury till the end of the season while he fronts the Swindon consortium and in the short term employs somebody else to be Chairman in the meantime for the transition period.

Somebody the fans know and like, somebody very much like JW who the fans trust and that can ease the passage of the new owners into the club.

Probably unlikely but this is what I would do in this situation.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:51:36 »

Jed is active on the Banbury forum as well as Twitter. Sounds like an avid football fan which is down to earth and with good communication skills with the fans.

http://banburyunitedfc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1296

Maybe he'll even register at TEF!

Who'll be the first one to call him a cunt?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 13:03:36 »

I have a feeling in my waters that says Jed will stay on as Chairman of Banbury till the end of the season while he fronts the Swindon consortium and in the short term employs somebody else to be Chairman in the meantime for the transition period.

Somebody the fans know and like, somebody very much like JW who the fans trust and that can ease the passage of the new owners into the club.

Probably unlikely but this is what I would do in this situation.

I dont think he is the main man to decide who becomes chair, it now seems like maybe there are 2 more consortium members to be revealed if Martin is not one of them ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1879 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 13:08:19 »

I dont think he is the main man to decide who becomes chair, it now seems like maybe there are 2 more consortium members to be revealed if Martin is not one of them ?

He just said he won't be on the board, not that he isn't part of the consortium.

I think he released the information so that the Banbury fans didn't think they were being abandoned.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 13:20:31 »

He just said he won't be on the board, not that he isn't part of the consortium.

I think he released the information so that the Banbury fans didn't think they were being abandoned.

But if he is not part of the board and he does not appear to have a greal deal of funds what us his involvment in the consortium if at all you have to wonder ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1881 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 13:25:13 »

But if he is not part of the board and he does not appear to have a greal deal of funds what us his involvment in the consortium if at all you have to wonder ?

I see your point...
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 13:28:11 »

Not sure if it has been covered already, but I read somewhere Jed was someone who brought the consortium together and 'fronted it', whether that means he's just the spokesperson or actually involved I guess we won't know until the FL ratify it....get a move on FL!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1883 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 13:30:40 »

One thing that King does have is experience at a football league club as a member of a board which could be just as valuable, perhaps he is there as a consultant to just hold their hand a bit in the early days.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #1884 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 13:41:56 »

@AndyWarren_: The prospective new owners of Swindon Town are due to begin their meeting with the Football League round about now.

red socks

« Reply #1885 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 13:47:31 »

@AndyWarren_: The prospective new owners of Swindon Town are due to begin their meeting with the Football League round about now.

The funk soul brothers?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #1886 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 13:57:46 »

About time too. Are they making them go all the way to Preston just to prove they're serious?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1887 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 14:17:27 »

So the meeting started at 1.30?  I Hope it doesn't have to be put into 2 parts, otherwise it will drag into Friday more than likely.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 14:29:30 »

So the meeting started at 1.30?  I Hope it doesn't have to be put into 2 parts, otherwise it will drag into Friday more than likely.

Oh yeah, that's the other thing. Where's Thursday gone in this whole process?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1889 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 14:30:28 »

Oh yeah, that's the other thing. Where's Thursday gone in this whole process?

I read that the meeting could only be on Weds or Friday. Maybe Thursday is a day off for the FL.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: