Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311986 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1845 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 07:10:27 »

What I would like to know is: when is the sale of the club going to go through?
What sale is this? Huh?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1846 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 07:49:43 »

What sale is this? Huh?
There is no sale (Statement Friday is coming up)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1847 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:25:14 »

I don't know if it is being done already but STFC really need to do some sort of deal with the primary schools in which they give the schools a bulk of tickets for games for a certain price (like £1 a ticket?) and then let the schools sell them for a couple of quid more. Ideally that left block of the Arkell's and the bottom kids enclosure should be filled with kids from schools all over Wiltshire and even slightly dipping in to the other areas.

On occasions where we're expecting low crowds, they might even want to give them away for free. Realistically speaking 95% of these kids would have never usually have been reached so we're not losing out financially. I myself am a product of the kids for a quid/ kids free tickets promotions that have were about when I was little'un.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #1848 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:26:46 »

I don't know if it is being done already but STFC really need to do some sort of deal with the primary schools in which they give the schools a bulk of tickets for games for a certain price (like £1 a ticket?) and then let the schools sell them for a couple of quid more. Ideally that left block of the Arkell's and the bottom kids enclosure should be filled with kids from schools all over Wiltshire and even slightly dipping in to the other areas.

On occasions where we're expecting low crowds, they might even want to give them away for free. Realistically speaking 95% of these kids would have never usually have been reached so we're not losing out financially. I myself am a product of the kids for a quid/ kids free tickets promotions that have were about when I was little'un.

You should just forward that to the club...
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1849 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:37:32 »

Don't understand why they don't give away all the tickets for the Stratton Bank, to schools, other good causes or even local businesses, pubs or whatever. Better than it being empty, might get some converts and they'd cover the costs of opening it from merchandise, programme, food and drink sales.
wigglesworth

« Reply #1850 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:41:18 »

i missed the word 'self' when reading it. oops

although on that note, are there are any clubs in the top two divisions who are self sustaining?

Arsenal are, and look at the amount of shit they get from all angles as a result.

wigglesworth

« Reply #1851 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:43:32 »

The big clubs without the wealthy backer do ok, so Arsenal, Man Utd and Tottenham. Sure there are plenty of others.

Tottenham run at a HUGE loss. Their 'player dealings' are excluded from the P&L. thats the only way they're run 'as a going concern'

Man Utd probably are, but also have debts of over half a billion pounds so only takes one season out of the champions league gravy train for things to look a bit scary there too.

wigglesworth

« Reply #1852 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:48:28 »

Man City were only about €5m behind Arsenal in the last Deloitte Money League. Jumped 5 places to 7th in one year alone.

The Deloitte Money league might as well be called the Deloitte debt league as only focuses on Turnover.

As Duncan Bannatyne said "Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity". I could run a  £100bn Turnover business selling pound coins for 99p.
wigglesworth

« Reply #1853 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:50:40 »

Haven't got a clue. If I did I'd probably be working in marketing.

Main problem I see is that my nephew and his mates all wear Chelsea and Liverpool shirts and want to be Torres and Suarez. That needs changing to Swindon shirts and wanting to be Paolo, or Ferry, or Wes or whoever.

One idea - get Topps to do a Swindon Town Match Attax team set. Kids love that shit.

And another - sell club merchandise in other shops (especially supermarkets, clothes shops etc).

Another idea, don't pay for Sky sports   Cheesy
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1854 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 10:28:05 »

Tottenham run at a HUGE loss. Their 'player dealings' are excluded from the P&L. thats the only way they're run 'as a going concern'

Man Utd probably are, but also have debts of over half a billion pounds so only takes one season out of the champions league gravy train for things to look a bit scary there too.

What's your source on Tottenham? Their last set of accounts showed a small loss after player dealings, interest and tax of under £5m and made a small profit the previous year.

Man Utd is different as the debt was incurred by the owners to finance the purchase. Whilst it looked a bit dodgy there for a while the last I read was it was all under control and they were reducing the debt.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1855 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 10:41:58 »

The Man U debt is down to about £340 million now. If they keep on at this rate it will be paid off in 6 years.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1856 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:08:10 »

I could run a  £100bn Turnover business selling pound coins for 99p.
That's fantastic, I'm going to pinch that and look sage Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #1857 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:12:00 »

That's fantastic, I'm going to pinch that and look sage Smiley

I think you'll need to factor in discount for bulk as well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1858 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:16:37 »

I think you'll need to factor in discount for bulk as well.
Are you saying I'm fat? Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #1859 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:17:46 »

Yeah, porky.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: