Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 311919 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #1740 on: Monday, February 11, 2013, 23:13:51 »

I'm not on twitter.  Has he been answering questions directly linked to the takeover?  Does that means the NDA is no longer in force?
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #1741 on: Monday, February 11, 2013, 23:26:57 »

It doesn't seem he has revealed anything of a sensitive nature, I think he said about the takeover being complete by tomorrow of Friday.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1742 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 00:11:08 »

He seems a bit David Brent to me.

I base this on nothing much.

/
W56196272
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #1743 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 00:48:24 »

One message did say they would either be meeting the FL on Wed or Friday. Fingers-crossed its the former.

Must admit I didn't realise he was that young. I assumed he was in his 60s based purely on his name. Haven't seen any pics of him in papers as live in Devon.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1744 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 07:04:01 »

Self sustainable?

Thats code for they have money to fund the club as black has done, so cut backs on the way in the summer
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #1745 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 07:07:39 »

Adver learn name of 4th member of board.

Gary Hooper the ex brentford and qpr commercial manager.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1746 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 07:38:08 »

Self sustainable?

Thats code for they have (no) money to fund the club as black has done, so cut backs on the way in the summer

I think you meant no money so corrected it above.

I don't think that it is much different from what Fitton originally wanted. I think you are right though, so this season could be our last chance for a while to leave the lower leagues.  And IF this is the case I can't see Paolo staying beyond the end of the season...

But I also think there is currently little choice. Being self sustaining is a good if less exciting thing. We really can't keep doing the boom and bust cycles.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #1747 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 07:47:01 »

It is reasonable to assume that the development of the CG is the main motivation for any incoming consortium. Maintaining status quo (league 1) while this occurs without having to cover too many losses is probably order of the day (understandably). Hopefully this doesn't mean impacting on PDC's budget too much, well this season anyway. It would be good if they could fund a few loans to give it a proper go this season.

Interesting times.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Flashheart

« Reply #1748 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 07:58:09 »

Let's not start running away with assumptions, innit.

The last lot had a plan of achieving sustainability when they came in yet they still funded a promotion push even under Fitton. It might be that they only see self sustainability as viable in the Championship and are willing to invest to get there, it might mean something completely different.

It could mean anything, we just have to wait and see.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1749 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 08:05:53 »

You are of course correct BR, though it doesn't hurt to keep a watching brief.

However its also true the difference here is we have been told 4 of the 5 names (assuming they are accurate). So far we don't have a Black or Arbib to fund getting into the Championship...

I'm not trying to put a negative spin on the takeover before it has begun, but it is a discussion forum after all Smiley

Lets hope Jed forged a good friendship with Gerald Cavendish Grosvenor while replacing his windows*

*he might not have replaced his windows Wink
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1750 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 08:19:42 »

Adver learn name of 4th member of board.

Gary Hooper the ex brentford and qpr commercial manager.

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?54864-Gary-Hooper-Consultant-Ameriturf/page1

Found this on a Port Vale forum, it appears that Gary Hooper was a consultant for an American artificial pitch company.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1751 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 08:39:18 »

But none of the 4 revealed so far have any real money to put in so I assume member number 5 is the money man and others are coming with him along for the ride not putting anything of their own at risk
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1752 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 08:47:58 »

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Ameriturf-ready-reconsider-investment/story-15087583-detail/story.html?sp=normal&1360658642637#axzz2KfljwZb6

I have a feeling this Ameriturf might be involved in our takeover if this Gary Hooper is still involved with them.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1753 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 09:28:23 »

I don't think that it is much different from what Fitton originally wanted. I think you are right though, so this season could be our last chance for a while to leave the lower leagues.  And IF this is the case I can't see Paolo staying beyond the end of the season...

Agree with all the comments above (Batch, Flash, Stegenfreud), but the highlighted bit caught my eye.  And I'm actually very comfortable with this.  Of course, we have to go full tilt at promotion this season.  Right up there with just a third of the season to go; it would be madness not to.

BUT, let's suppose we don't make it - for what ever reason.  Given that as a starting point for 2013/14, I think I'd be fairly happy to see us maintain our position in League 1 for a few seasons [important rider coming up]...so long as the new owners were focussing their energies on implementing a stadium development plan; and one that is sufficiently ambitious (20,000 capacity minimum) that could lead to self-sufficiency in the Championship.

Reading and Swansea both had their new stadia before they started climbing the leagues (and were both attracting decent 5 figures crowds in the lower leagues immediately following their moves).  Get the stadium issue sorted - and sorted properly, and professionally (no half-arsed botched jobs like up the road) - and then in two or three seasons we will be leaving the lower leagues anyway.  It will just take a little time.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 09:31:04 by Ardiles » Logged
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #1754 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 09:35:29 »

Reading and Swansea both had their new stadia before they started climbing the leagues (and were both attracting decent 5 figures crowds in the lower leagues immediately following their moves).  Get the stadium issue sorted - and sorted properly, and professionally (no half-arsed botched jobs like up the road) - and then in two or three seasons we will be leaving the lower leagues anyway.  It will just take a little time.

Absolutely. More important to do it properly than to do it now.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: