Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 312041 times)
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #1665 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 14:29:56 »

Paolo did mention a need for an out and out goalscorer in his post match interview, not sure if BWP is exactly that.

My memories of BWP are that he doesn't do an awful lot outside the box - like Williams/Collins. But has a very happy knack of being in the right place to score a lot of goals. A quality that is very hard to teach.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #1666 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 14:57:41 »

He and the other shareholder sold out to Masco for £30 something million a few years ago.
(Masco are a $9bn corporation). He is now CEO of Masco UK

Suggests he does have a bit of money then?

Hopefully all should become clear over the next few days.

Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #1667 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 15:44:00 »

Yes they fucking are.
That"s not an argument,that"s contradiction.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1668 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 15:49:32 »

That"s not an argument,that"s contradiction.
No it isn't.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1669 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 15:51:16 »

Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #1670 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 16:10:01 »

No it isn't.
Yes it is .
fatbasher

« Reply #1671 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 19:07:50 »

Here's how I read this and I shall title it...

Something For Everyone

PDC.

By having Black as an ongoing investor in the new venture, there is continuity of sorts. even if Black did sanction Ritchie's sale.
By having Spencer as a partner/investor he has inside info and confidance in things going his way.
By staying, with Spencer on board, he will be the "Alex Ferguson" of Swindon Town. Make no mistake, Paolo has made references to the champions league and Barcelona WRT to the town it is my opinion that he believes given the right foundations he can do that here... Yeah, fucking laugh but you'd be daft to think Paolo does not think that.

AB

As others have said and i quote "spunked £9m up against the wall" Well by retaining 25% and the above happening he will get that back in spades.....

Spencer

Pretty much the same as Paolo, except he will make a mint from the development of SN1 and player dealings and will be welded to the hip of Paolo.

The consortium

If they have £££'s, then they will have been seduced by the the development potential of SN1 which I feel confidant has been tacitally approved by the council either as a sale lock stock and barrel or on a long, long lease. In which case they will make shed loads more of £££££££'s. Why the fuck invest in STFC that will lose you money, just ask AB!

I am cooking dinner but wanted to post this whislt still in my mind. I will probably come back later and add/amend some of the above but it makes sense to me, think outside the box.   
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1672 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 19:52:04 »

I think this contributes nicely to the 80% bollocks.
fatbasher

« Reply #1673 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 19:53:33 »

I think this contributes nicely to the 80% bollocks.

Thank you for your kind words.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1674 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 20:01:26 »

I just don't see what you're suggesting. The only part of it i can see is the development potential but I can;t see SBC playing ball with anyone even if its completely detrimental to the people of Swindon. I think the Ritchie sale would imply that nobody connected to Pdc was involved.
Can we now take the next 3 pages exchanging insults that nobody will give a fuck about.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #1675 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 20:04:27 »

PDC is a professional and commits 100% to his job. However if you think he is here for the long run then you'll be sorely disappointed. He has been great for the club and fans and we should appreciate his efforts for as long as they may continue but he won't be here for much longer. His career is more important to him than Swindon Town, being successful here helps his career and as soon as he can't obtain success here (for whatever reason) he'll be off, that's the long and short of it as far as I see it.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
fatbasher

« Reply #1676 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 20:17:12 »

I just don't see what you're suggesting. The only part of it i can see is the development potential but I can;t see SBC playing ball with anyone even if its completely detrimental to the people of Swindon. I think the Ritchie sale would imply that nobody connected to Pdc was involved.
Can we now take the next 3 pages exchanging insults that nobody will give a fuck about.

Don't flatter yourself Chalkie, I wouldn't waste my time. That said you are entitled to your opinion. My post was my creation and I'm man enough to take any shit you or anyone else throws at it or me. I may be 100% correct, though I am not deluded enough to put money on it. I stand by my assertaion that there is money & success in spades for anyone with enough bunce and balls to set things rolling. Certainly with PDC at the helm anything is possible. I and everyone else does not have the ear of PDC so as to his future, who knows. I doubt he does entirely.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 20:25:32 by fatbasher » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1677 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 20:23:52 »

I like Chalike.....sort of mid sixties barber shop singers vibe to it.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #1678 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 20:51:27 »

PDC is a professional and commits 100% to his job. However if you think he is here for the long run then you'll be sorely disappointed. He has been great for the club and fans and we should appreciate his efforts for as long as they may continue but he won't be here for much longer. His career is more important to him than Swindon Town, being successful here helps his career and as soon as he can't obtain success here (for whatever reason) he'll be off, that's the long and short of it as far as I see it.

whilst i agree , he ( pdc ) saw this as a stepping stone to bigger things originally, im not so sure its the same case now . I really believe he has fell in love with swindon and is very happy here , he loves the players the fans even the shitty town. Obviously things off the pitch may dictate his future quicker than what might off been , but if the takeover is a success  ( please god ) and he is reassured off the ambitions of the new owners , i dont think he will jump ship quite as quickly as you believe . Maybe if the West ham job does come up i maybe wrong .

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #1679 on: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 21:03:59 »

whilst i agree , he ( pdc ) saw this as a stepping stone to bigger things originally, im not so sure its the same case now . I really believe he has fell in love with swindon and is very happy here , he loves the players the fans even the shitty town. Obviously things off the pitch may dictate his future quicker than what might off been , but if the takeover is a success  ( please god ) and he is reassured off the ambitions of the new owners , i dont think he will jump ship quite as quickly as you believe . Maybe if the West ham job does come up i maybe wrong .

Don't think so mate.  Just enjoy it whilst it lasts.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: