Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sale of the Club  (Read 312012 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1500 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 21:55:29 »

I got the impression from recent interviews that Black was the one being singled out by PDC
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #1501 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 21:56:20 »

Bit of an odd Ward interview in BBC Wilts at 6:30 in regard to the takeover, something like "not sure about whose telling the truth, just getting on with it (playing)". Anyone else hear it or even know what context/question his was reply was in response to?

They also said the FL have asked for clarification on Jed's involvement in Banbury and Swindon.

The 7pm report just said it looks like it'll go through next week.
So it seems the FL are waiting on the Consortium and maybe not the other way round. We are being drip fed updates which is very little on the takeover by other means via the club so if that's acceptable and within regulations why can't the club make some sort of statement regarding progress directly?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1502 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 23:22:59 »

I got the impression from recent interviews that Black was the one being singled out by PDC
I think it is Patey!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #1503 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 23:54:21 »

Not sure I've waited so long for a picture on the pitch with scarves above heads...!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #1504 on: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 02:19:10 »

I normally dislike conspiracy stories, but it does seem that the footballing authorities hate us.  Prime example being the tribunal fees set for Collins/TAH being the first in the history of tribunal fees where the selling club pissed themselves laughing all the way to the bank.  For this reason, I believe (a) the hold-up is most definitely at the Football League side of things and (b) Town will be demoted to the Findus Southern Premier Tiddlywinks League  and made to play their home games on Mannington Recreation Ground before this is all sorted.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1505 on: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 09:54:02 »

Then how do you explain Ritchie being sold and Paolo knowing nothing about it? And Paolo throwing his toys out the pram again? Though having said that, it might explain Black's comments on Twitter.

Thought it was pretty much common knowledge that Black sanctioned the Ritchie deal? He even suggested this himself on Twitter.
wigglesworth

« Reply #1506 on: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 10:50:48 »

I normally dislike conspiracy stories, but it does seem that the footballing authorities hate us.  Prime example being the tribunal fees set for Collins/TAH being the first in the history of tribunal fees where the selling club pissed themselves laughing all the way to the bank.  For this reason, I believe (a) the hold-up is most definitely at the Football League side of things and (b) Town will be demoted to the Findus Southern Premier Tiddlywinks League  and made to play their home games on Mannington Recreation Ground before this is all sorted.

The Pox would still be in our shadow. Never forget that.  Yes
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1507 on: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 10:54:26 »

Thought it was pretty much common knowledge that Black sanctioned the Ritchie deal? He even suggested this himself on Twitter.

What he said was that he blocked the sale and then someone convinced him it was necessary. It appears Black has been on his own for a while so who convinced him? Plus I'm sure they'd have informed the new buyers of the sale.

I'm convinced there has been some real crazy shit going down behind the scenes.
Flashheart

« Reply #1508 on: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 10:56:22 »

What he said was that he blocked the sale and then someone convinced him it was necessary.

He said no such thing
wigglesworth

« Reply #1509 on: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 10:56:48 »

I heard someone on the bus saying that Black fell out with Wray big time after he saw how much of his money he'd been blowing. Used to be good mates now haven't spoken for months. People on buses eh  Hmmm
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1510 on: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 11:06:16 »

He said no such thing

Not quite sure how else you could interpret this....

I did sanction the sale of Ritchie. I blocked it the first time it came up but agreed to it later believing it had to happen.
Flashheart

« Reply #1511 on: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 11:09:57 »

I read it the first time Johnny.

Where does it say somebody convinced him? You made that bit up.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #1512 on: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 11:15:50 »

The Pox would still be in our shadow. Never forget that.  Yes

They would be in the Findus Beef lasagne league
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1513 on: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 11:30:12 »

I read it the first time Johnny.

Where does it say somebody convinced him? You made that bit up.

Something happened to make him change his mind, so someone else was involved. As he appears to be pretty much on his own in the running and funding of the club, who could that have been?

But the claim was that Black was behind selling Ritchie and there is nothing to suggest that other than him agreeing to it.
Flashheart

« Reply #1514 on: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 11:31:26 »

Whatever johnny.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: